Sound Libraries for HALion 5 on patchpool

This library has now been released, I updated the first Aureus Ventus post in this thread accordingly. HALion rocks!

Hi!

Excellent work Simon!
Please can you create a picture for the Library (H5 can use specific Library-pictures.) Now I use your “Aureus Ventus Logo” but the format isn’t quite good (Halion uses 90x60 px icons)

Thank you, I just made 2 different 90x60 icon jpg, it’s attached to my post. Maybe try it and let me know if the resolution works. I never used these icons before and the latest version of HALion creates an image itself I saw, so I did not bother with it.
aureusventus-icon.jpg
aureusventus-icon-xp.jpg
EDIT:
I just checked the factory images for HALion libraries, they are in 96x246 px and png, so the 90x60 format you mentioned seems odd.

Hi!

Halion uses only hist "standard icon with USER-label.
If I use my own picture, Halion saves it as 90x60 px.
The factory-icons are bigger (with 3 states?) But I don’t know, how to create AND use the 3 states.

Hi Congrat for the lib but just one thing Keyswitch doesn’t load in Expression Map

I made some custom ones awhile back for some of my other libraries … Like Sonic Cinema.

On windows it’s in C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\HALion\LibraryInfo
I can’t remember the exact size, but if that bitmap is named the same as the loaded library it show in the instrument select.

Thank’s. I am not familiar with Expression Map tbh, so I shall investigate.

I will learn how to do all of this.

Here is another little video featuring the patch Flute Quencer, a bass sequencer made from/with a flute sample using very small grain sizes, increasing them with QC1 brings back some of the original flute sound.

Doing the library image is silly easy … if you need a little info PM me.

You shouldn’t have to do anything for the Expression Map keyswitch thing. It sees your Keyswitchs in the patch, but it isn’t pulling out the map for some reason. But, I tried on one of Halions build in patches and it didn’t work there either. It used to work, so I’m wondering if it is a bug and not something you have to program for. I’ll test a bit more today.

After additional testing, it does seem like your keyswitches won’t import for some reason. I haven’t figured out why yet. The keyswitch import menu option does enable, so it does see that the patch has keyswitches. Additional testing in progress.

Ah, it looks like it has to be a Megatrig to be pulled in by the Expression Map utility. You use a lot of layer alternate modules, which don’t seem to get sniffed properly. It can see the module has a keyswitch function, but it doesn’t bring them in. I’m still playing with it to see if I can get it to read.

But Expression Map or not, why not just use the keyswitch as is? Program a Midi note in your DAW, or record the switches live while the track is playing. Or is that too old fashioned?

If I remember from your videos you are a Logic user? If so, you may be missing out on a nice feature of the Cubase MIDI editor.

And, I guess it depends on how you edit MIDI. Obviously simple keyswitch setups are very performance oriented. It’s usually no problem to remember while playing. However, if you primarily edit then it’s handy. It’s not that big a deal, but it’s a nice feature.

However, on complex instruments with a ton of articulations, like VSL libraries … it’s awesome in the editor and a huge time saver especially because you usually have no way to use all the articulations during a performance.

I still don’t think there is anything for you to do though Simon. It simply a function of some of the MIDI modules. You didn’t do anything right/wrong. If that makes sense.

I also use Cubase here and there if I have to, but recording and editing Midi in Logic is a different universe…
I understand the usefulness of the expression maps, also the per-note-expression is a unique feature which I often use.

Ok, I just wanted to make sure you knew why the other poster wanted the keyswitches to generate into expression maps. But like I said, I don’t think you “do” anything. If you used Megtrig instead of alternates, it would probably work … but then your patch wouldn’t work :stuck_out_tongue: I prefer your patches functioning.

LOL, me too :mrgreen:

A very quiet song I just improvised, made with the patches Morse Flute in the foreground and layered with the patch Mellow Flute Pad in the background:

Improvising live on video with the patch Epica String Pad from Aureus Ventus: