Plugin Manager - Option to rename plugins

I would like to be able to rename plugin names without breaking vst3 preset compatibility. There are 2 reasons why I would like to be able to do so:

• Some plugin names are to long for the mixer view and I can’t see what plugin I actually have in there, if I have more than one plugin of one developer

• Aesthetically not pleasing names. I would like to add more consistency to my plugin names. Some vendors still add “x64” to their plugin names, some write everything with caps, some don’t have even a consistency regarding their own plugins and so on and so forth.

As of now there is a possibility to rename plugin names by editing PluginManager.xml or Cubase Pro Module Cache.xml but there are 2 problems: By renaming, the folder names of the vst3 preset folder change. And most importantly: Sometimes all my plugins get rescanned and all names reset. A recall of the old setting then is not possible anymore.

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

Big +1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

Regards :sunglasses:

1 Like

Definitely, +1.

I think this has been mentioned before . . . and ignored.

But, yes.
And this can already be done in the Remote Control editor where you get the Normal label, the 8 letter label and the 4 letter label.

Hugh

1 Like

+1 !!!

i am speechless that we still need to use a 3rd party Hex Editor to hack our VST3 plugins just to rename them in Cubase…

+1

+1

+1

+1

A huge +1

+1

I would like to see an option added for a default track color added in the plug-in manager also.

+1

good news! now that Guillermo from $teinberg has posted that they are going to listen to us, the users, it means that this function will be finished and this will be done apparently by the end of Jan!

nice work Guillermo and thank you! now…over to you…we are waiting…

Ehh i did not see anything regarding renaming in any post.
Anyhow I would really like another column beside the plugin name, call it “alias” and any name in this would be used, if left empty the original name gets used.
That would make it easy to view original names and the new ones at the same time, and make it easier to come up with new names that haven’t been used already.

1 Like

+1

+1

+1