Wavelab hangs when pressing play

Sadly, I have joined this club as well !

I downloaded Wavelab 8.5.3 about a month ago as a free trial and I was impressed, it worked perfectly well. Today I purchased the download (both 32 bit and 64 bit versions)

I’m using Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit, 8GB RAM Lenovo W500 laptop…Core2Duo. Have been running WL 6 and 7 on this computer with no problems at all…and the trial version of 8.5.3 worked fine as well.

My soundcard is Echo Indigo IO, PCMCIA cardbus interface, with latest driver. It works fine with REAPER

Now, with today’s download, installation and key authentication completed, when I open either 32 or 64 bit versions of WL 8.5.3 AND WL 7 (64 bit) and have loaded in an audio file, when I press the space-bar there is no playing of the file…and it also hangs (Not Responding) WL6 plays fine, with a touch on the spacebar

Interestingly, I can do Global Analysis, Level and loudness Normalization processing on the file…just not able to make it Play when I press the spacebar (or Enter) Are there any initial tweaks I need to do before WL8.5.3 and WL7 becomes functional ?

Can anyone suggest some troubleshooting procedures, as currently both WL 8.5.3 and WL 7 are unplayable !

Thanks for your advice