When is WL 9 coming out?

How about every other program that I use :slight_smile:

Outstanding examples of very good UIs can be found in Studio One (v3), the latest Nuendo/Cubase and especially iZoTope RX4 Advanced - which for me is closer to home for an “editing” environment to stay akin to what Wavelab does.

WL’s UI is sadly rooted in the distant Windows 95 past and even v7 and v8 have done nothing to bring it into a modern world. v7 for me was a disaster with it’s “workspaces” and every piece of the UI suddenly changing anytime you clicked on anything.

Even today with v8.5 - I am so concerned with ruining my standard audio file editing workflow - that I never click on anything outside my single workspace - like forever. I am certain I missing out on a bunch of cool stuff - but this crazy design is about as annoying as I have ever seen.

An EDITOR - should be for editing. Like Photoshop. When you are working on a file (or a group of files) and click on a tool or button - I am never suddenly “taken away” to some foreign land with no indicator on how to return.

WL9 really needs to get current (like 2015 current) and give us a return to ease of displaying it’s two keys environments - EDIT (Audio File Editor) and MIX (“Montage” - still a totally lame name).

I have never ever understood Montage and now do any of that type of assembly work in Studio One’s Project environment - which makes a laughing stock out of the WL Montage.

I still do like Wavelab’s editing ability - but it too is going to be usurped by other better tools if V9 does not deliver.

VP