I am starting to get upset with WL 8.5.3

WOW 8 WL installs and they are all doing the same thing. OUCH!!!

WL 6 was always pretty darn stable. Then 7 came out and it was a royal mess. So I stayed with 6. When 8 came out I set up my computer for dual boot and put Windows 7 on one partition and left Windows XP on the other. My idea was that if I started having problems with 8 I could switch back to 6 just by restarting my machine. WL8 was OK but not really my cup of tea so I kept using WL6. When the update to 8.5 came out I though I would switch over to that and for a while it seemed to work OK. There was still a lot I did not like. When WL 8.5.2 came out I thought my problems were solved and it had a lot of features I was wishing for since WL7. then I upgraded to WL 8.5.3 and at first it seemed OK but then the constant crashes and freezes that just kept getting worse and worse the more I used the program. WL does not like a lot of third party plugins and is seem to have a lot of problems with anything from FAB filters. Since these are plugins I use everyday it is not a good thing.

Yesterday I uninstalled all my video drivers for my NVIDIA card as well as the drivers for my RME sound card. I booted the computer in Windows 7 at 640 by 480 and WL seemed a lot more stable. I installed the drivers for my sound card. I then installed the drivers for my video card but only the drivers for the card and no “game playing” add ons. Now at least WL is working and playing back. I used it all afternoon. It still seems to have problems with certain plugins and I wish PG and the plugin authors would get on the same page and soon. I also have a copy of the latest version of Samplitude and it never had the manifest problems that WL seems to be plagued with. So now I have working copy of WL that still has some “white screen” moments and still does not play well (literally) with certain plugins but I at least can get some work done.

Whew what a mess.

Is is possible we could start a “crowd funding” project and get a couple of millions for PG to design a new DAW that does not have all the problems and works? Maybe if he was able to work on it by himself and not have Steinberg and Yamaha hovering over him he could come up with a GREAT program. I like a lot of the new features of WL 8 but long for the more “stable” days of WL6. Just an idea…

Excuse me I have some work to get done.