Project logical editor for adding values to automation?

Hello,

I have a midi logical editor that I use all the time for quick mixing. Basically it transforms my current CC7 (volume) automation by adding 5 to all CC7 in the selected region. (I have another for minus 5). I’ve assigned these to key commands and I can quickly change the volumes of my midi instruments!

I’m wondering if the same thing can be done with track automation for audio tracks? Trying to get the project logical editor to do it but I’m stumped. The main thing is I need a way to automatically place automation nodes at cycle boundaries, but I cannot figure out how to do this. Is it possible?

Here was my thoughts

1. Transport - Locators to Selection
  2. *Add automation nodes at locators (dont know how to do this part)
  3. Project logical editor - Position inside cycle → Action = Trim Multiply by 1.0200

I would probably combine all 3 in to a macro as long as #2 only creates the nodes once. That is assuming it possible at all. My goal here is to use this on audio tracks that A) have insert FX processing on them that I do not want to alter (so I cannot use clip gain as its pre FX) or B) have automation ramps / curves that I want to make louder or softer.

Hi,

this works to me, and I hope, this is what you want to do.

1. Set the Left and Right locators to the position, where you want to change the automation-
  2. Select the automation track.
  3. Menu Edit > Select > In loop
  4. Project Logical Editor with this settings:
    Filter
    Media Type Is > Equal > Automation > And
    Property > Property is set > Event is selected
    Action
    Trim > Multiply by > X.

Ops, there is already Logical Preset for this: Edit > Process Project Logical Editor > Parts + Events > Trim selected Automation by 10%.

Unfortunately, I also don’t know, how to create an Automation nodes at the Left and Right Locators position so far.

Hi,

new idea… This Project Logical Editor:
Filter
Media Type is > Equal > Automation > And
Container Type is > Equal > Event > And
Position > Inside Cycle
Action
Trim > Multiply by > X

See attached screenshot.

How do you like it? Unfortunately, this doesn’t create a nodes, so the curve around it is affected. But maybe, it’s OK like this for your scenario.

Worked like a charm for me! It was just what I needed. I had my CC1 and CC11 scaled too high and had nowhere to go for crescendos. This made making the changes easy! Thanks.

This is awesome. I’m looking for something similar…to be able to select a MIDI or Audio Event (I do my MIDI volume in the automation lane) and trim it by a percentage. This works after selecting locaters to selection…BUT it effects all the tracks! Not just the track I’m selecting. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

You can adapt the Logical Preset so, it works for the selected automation events only:

Filter
Media Type is > Equal > Automation > And
Container Type is > Equal > Event > And
Property > Property is set > Event is selected
Action
Trim > Multiply by > X

Somehow this is not taking. Do I need to select the automation itself or just the region (event?) it’s attached to? Ideally I wouldn’t have to set my in/out points for this to work…I’m learning!

Hi,

You need to select the automation nodes then.