Just my opinion...

1. Logic and Ableton have had -plenty- of stability complaints at various points.

2. All DAWs experience feature bloat. If Ableton has less of that, it’s because their target audience is much more focused. IOW: Cubase tries to be all things to all people. That’s challenging for -any- product.

Look, as I wrote NO ONE complains more about Cubase than me. I write for a living. MIDI orchestrations. Notation. I can’t STAND all the focus on ‘MixConsole’ and audio over recent years at the expense of longstanding issues. And I can’t stand all the doodads like ‘Chord whatever’. And I need another softsynth or guitar ampsim like I need a hole in the head. And Score has been barely usable for -years-. And VST Expression is basically in a coma. And don’t get me started on all the UI weirdness. Those issues -matter- to me.

Guess what? I AM THE MINORITY! Apparently? All those doodads that you (and I) decry? The vast majority of people seem to LIKE THEM! Otherwise, I -assume- that SB wouldn’t keep screwing with 'em. IOW: they’re doing what vox populi desire. I assume SB aren’t stupidly marketing the wrong things. People seem to -want- ‘Chord Tracks’. Why, I have no idea, but they must.

VERY FEW PEOPLE ACTUALLY COMPLAIN ANYMORE. Very few. It’s the same old farts. I can write 1,000 angry posts about ‘Chord Tracks’, but who gives a poopies? The average Cubase user seems to eat that stuff up with a soup ladle.

What can ya do?

My feeling is that there is a ‘silent majority’ of Cubase users who feel as you and I do, but never complain. They hate whiners (like me) and have better things to do with their time. So SB rarely hears the big picture.

The only advice I can give -anyone- here if you don’t like Cubase: Write them a letter. Not a forum post. A real letter. My guess is that almost NO ONE ever does. So they’ll just keep making more and more ‘Groove Whatevers’ and -not- address the core issues that a lot of us care about.

—JC