UR22 cuts out intermittently

I’m in exactly the same boat. Steinberg support isn’t helping me anymore for whatever reason. I’m running Windows 10 64bit and with the latest Win10 driver for the UR22 and it’s nothing but audio dropouts. Device isn’t even a year old, so this issue is very frustrating. Hopefully someone finds a fix for this because I want to use my A/I!

Yeah, it’s very frustrating. And bizarre that (in my case) the dropouts don’t register on DPC Latency Checker - according to this utility I’m all in the green and should have no problems.
I wonder if the UR22 unit is drawing sufficient constant power? Although the LED doesn’t blink so it probably isn’t a power issue.
Someone please help!

I just posted a new thread and realized this topic has already been brought up. My bad.

I have the same issues with UR824’s that had no issue before a new system build.

I will look into the suggestions already presented here.

I hope to find the problem as it is quite embarrassing to have audio drop out when you are charging for recording time…

I have 2 USB ports from my MOBO. I was running the UR824 from these as well as a ‘hub’ that runs Cubase dongle, ILOK, Waves, and CMC controllers. I moved the hub to a USB3 port and so far no dropouts on huge project.

Good for 10 minutes so far. Fingers crossed! :slight_smile:

I will update if things change.

I did have a dropout after about an hour. :frowning: Better than it was, but still unacceptable.

I then went to the support section of my MOBO (ASRock Z97 Extreme4) and found 4 updates that the Intel Update Manager did not suggest. I also updated to the new UR824 driver 1.9.5.0 that was updated for W10 even though I am running W7 Professional.

It seems that nothing is simple.

About 4 hours now without a audio dropout. Fingers still crossed but it looks good!

I knew I shouldn’t have posted that… Just had a dropout.

Way better than before but I can’t figure out why it is happening at all.

Sigh…

Gah! It’s infuriating isn’t it!
I’m working through various steps to see if anything helps.
I haven’t tinkered with C-States and SpeedStepping in BIOS yet. Have you?

Yes it is! Ugh…

I have SpeedStep disabled in BIOS.

Yesterday I decided to take internet connection out of the equation. I only had it on because Waves and Ilok needed it at startup. I found that waves licenses can be placed on flash drive and Ilok update allowed me to not need internet connection.

I haven’t yet had the time to sit and listen for dropouts but have a session tonight that will cause Mr. Ugly to rear it’s head if he still exists.

Fingers crossed again…

Please let me know if you find anything.

Do you have Intel Rapid Storage Technology?
If so, try opening the application, going to the performance tab, then disabling Link Power Management.
I’ve done this, and I tentatively think that the dropouts are at least a bit reduced.
Give it a go and see if you notice any difference.

Working with Steinberg now. Apparently they’ve never run into this problem and are speaking with the developers.

Yes I do and Link Power Management is disabled.

Still have drop outs. :frowning:

Awesome! Please keep us posted. :slight_smile:

Yes Avryluy, do let us know of any developments!
Glad to hear you’re getting some positive response from Steinberg after your initial disappointment!

Nothing yet. I’ll post as soon as I hear back from them

Thanks man. I am eagerly awaiting a response…

I’m going to have a remote connection meeting with one of them tomorrow morning. They’ll be accessing my computer remotely to try and fix it. I’ll report back after that!

No luck as of yet. Developers and support I talked to still not sure of what’s wrong, because the driver is supposed to fix what I’m experiencing, and the intensity of dropouts changes between the software I’m using. Continuing to troubleshoot with them.

Fingers still crossed! I am so hoping for a good result…

Me too! If all else fails and nothing works, I’m going to try and get a refund. This device is less than a year old and being put through this and not given a working device is rather upsetting.

I propose that all posters in this thread should list our system specifications and see what we have in common. Maybe we can troubleshoot by finding what we ‘all’ have running the interface. OS, motherboard chipsets, whatever…

I realize I have a different UR interface but the exact same issue that most seem not to. In fact I have not heard yet of another UR824 user with this issue. It has to be either some conflict with hardware/software or a problem with the driver on certain systems. I doubt it is a failure of the interface itself as I swapped out mine and have the same issue. :frowning: