Granular Guitars/Symphonies Audio

I talked about other Steinberg apps, said Halion or GA…not Kontakt!

So you think that it’s ok to lock content to 1 and only 1 way of using something you purchased??? Limitations is a bitch (sorry for that bad word, but it’s effin true)

And I wanna get that explanation BY STEINBERG, not by random people who can’t do anything for me or explain things with the common “no we think it’s normal, you are crazy thinking that way”.

Why is it always people NOT working at Steinberg that answers for them like if they were their lawyers???
(don’t tell things in the behalf of a third person that is not there!)

Are they really SO different? Don’t you think I chose this example cause, yeah, it’s kinda the same? Only diff is the instruments sampled AND the file size AND the price…
So it’s cheaper to record symphonic instr, than a guitar?? Is it varying so much? Are you serious?

I’m really disapointed by people not working at Steinberg coming to “explain” me why i’m wrong and cant even read my post correctly…
“they are packed in a format useable by steinberg vstis” that’s exactly what I said in my post… but yeah it’s easier to defend a company you dont effin even work for with misplaced arguments !

WHERE IS STEINBERG IN THEIR OWN FORUM ??? ARE YOU THERE ???

i recently purchased some addon banks for GMedia MTron. those patches do not open in GMedia VSM and they are both “romplers” from the same company. they do not open with anything else other than the intended product nor do i expect them to. everyones expectations are different i suppose.

cheers

Is that Mtron soundbank sold with “3bg of samples”…and then are those wavs locked to only serve the corresponding preset???

I talk about audio, WAVS, that could be loaded anywhere !!! Not preset compatibility…I mean, do you have an explanation WHY i couldn’t use the “russian monk” wav from padshop in Halion…without using the padshop preset “russian monk”? DO YOU UNDERSTAND that it wouldnt be a “problem”…so I ask STEINBERG why, why they lock up that??? (as i said, locked for other apps, ok, but unlocked in the mediabay…so nobody will share the wavs on the net, ok !!!)

Can you just understand why i ask that to steuinberg, not wanting to have thiord party people come and say the useless “well its like that…its for padshop only” THAT I ALREADY KNOW!!! WANNA KNOW WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!

Look close to the image i joined earlier, the fact they talk bout 3gb of audio, is not obvious that it’s “3gb of, locked to padshop, audio samples” … can you understand that??? (i would have probably not spent 40€ for some presets !!!)

One point nobody mentioned… Steinberg didn’t produce these a third party did (S. Stockhausen).

I bought both Granular Guitars and Granular Symphonies for use with Padshop and never expected them to be used anywhere else.

I guess its all about the expectations.

And nobody mentioned that it is fairly easy to adjust the parameters in Padshop and record the dry samples on a track.

True (at least somebody that comes with something consistent…more than “it’s like that”…thanks for that).
Tho it’ll be a pain in the ass to bounce all of them…to get that nice mediabay full of material !!!

thanks to you for a usefull answer

tho my question (toward steinberg…not some internet lawyers) was about the locking, and that is not S.Stockhausen, but Steinberg… So easy and simple question “why dont you unlock the WAVs ONLY in the mediabay, so no leak ok I get it, to tweak it say in halion etc”

So why coming and say the world famous “its obvious yo ucant do it, and why would you do it? well expectations”, i really dont understand those posts, they got no serious purpose.
It doesnt answer my question, and I doesnt make you win some lawyer money from Steinberg…so is that what they call “trolling”???

(no heart feeling, i always talk my mind)

Well my only advice then… read the freaking license and details before you buy something, maybe it will save you the grief in the future.

best advice yet

did I asked a refund? wthe grief is “why cant I freely?”, well ok …

tho still like trolling to me…is that the answer of steinberg WHY they locked it up??? well still no

my advice, get paid for beeing a somekind of lawyer for a company…thx anyway for your “best advice” was so helpful to understand WHY

Can you show me where it is explicitely said that the 3gb of wavs were locked in padshop only???
(if you play lawyer stuff like “read licenses” LOL, show me where it is written then, make a full point, not a “you idiot cant read”…so little to no helpful at all!)

You can b*tch all you want, its not going to change anything.

I’m outta here.

And stay there thanks!

see clause 8.1 of the license agreement re: NO UNBUNDLING
(acceptance required for installation)
it would seem the soundsets are in fact “locked” against extraction or use in another product as per the end user license agreement. i generally dont read those pesky legalese screens either but your question got me curious so i read the whole thing. there is in fact more than one clause covering the limited restrictions in the use of the libraries. seems pretty straight forward to me.

regarding pricing, i really dont know how a developer arrives at a product pricing structure but i will continue to assume it is based on various factors (cost of development, etc) designed to give the purchaser fair value for their money and make a profit for the developer.

hope this helps

WOW that clause lol, for real nobody reads this … but that I would like Steinberg to explain why…Why would they forbid me to use the wavs in Halion/GA for sample manipulations. Thats what I wanna understand from them.

Like I said before, that they lock it up in the Mediabay seems legit (for the “sharin on the net lock”…or “you wont use this in a no-steinberg app”)…but they could make those wavs unlocked in and only in the mediabay.
They always talk about freedom in music production, to get more ideas (and faster)…but they lock some content (again, presets are presets, and wav content something else).

(I’m sorry if i’m harsh with all the “well its like that, everybody knew it was ONLY for padshop, you’re dumb”… but I hate trolling, just tryin to prove that YOU (not you personnally) did understand that and I AM crazy to wanna use the wavs somewhere else cause I bought em with the preset pack. But like I said, I really dont understand the purpose of those answers (if we can call thoses answers)…Looks like trolls to me, trying to defend steinberg like if it was an insult toward them!)

Now i would really like to see Steinberg explaining to me why, my paid content can’t be used freely, presets for padshop + wavs for padshop or halion or arranger window ! WHY??? Is it for “sharing security”? Is it for a money thing? Is it cause the wavs are copyrighted (so no use outside padshop…like use of the dry sample)???

PLZ STEINBERG TELL ME WHY (i know they wont, they already got my money lol) !!!

I wish that Steinberg could wrote (not in some clauses nobody really reads lol), “unsuable oustide of padshop” next to the “about 3gb of exclusively recorded samples” … There it would be so obvious, I may have bought it anyway or not, but I would have know immediatly that those wavs wont be usuable freely !!!

Maybe that’s money bizness…not saying all explicitely…being evasivve ! lol