Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan status update on compatibility

This is beginning to look like a shouting match with accusations and excuses, flying all over the place. Everyone’s points has merits. Cubase is a very complex piece of software, and as such needs time to work out any kinks with a new OS version. Therefore Steinberg should have made better use of the betas of El Capitan, a.s.o.

However, Ed, there is one thing that you guys need to accept responsibility for. We were promised a list of identified issues and how the work of solving them was progressing, on October 23. What we got, was a slap in the face! Of cause, this will p**s people off.

I suggest you put together a list of issues that you’ve identified and which you’ve solved. That way we could all see that you don’t sit around, eating chocolate (as some people seem to think :wink: ), but are actually hard at work. This would be very helpful as we can follow the progress. We’ll also be able to see if the reaming issues are on any concern to us. If all the remaining issues are connected with features one never use anyway, maybe one can take the plunge.

And, maybe, your users have identified an issue or two that you’ve missed.

I have a question aswell, Ed. I recently invested in an Avid Artist Control/Mix system. I’ve heard that there are some issues with the EUCON software (and El Capitan). However, I am a bit unsure who will release the fix for it. Is it Steinberg or Avid? Perhaps you could clarify this.