Cannot register Cubase Artitst 8.

Hi There,

I’m new here and am wondering if anyone can help, I’ve recently purchased Cubase Artist 8 and when trying to register it I get the message - “The eLicenser assigned to this Activation Code was already registered by another user.” What can I do about this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks,

Jim.

I heave same problem but with Cubase 8 LE Elements , you resolved this problem ?

You will need to contact Steinberg support, they will need to correct this for you.

Greetings,

I have a similar problem too.

Plus: I have just received my new dongle for Artist 8 (upgrading from Cubase Elements 8). But I have been unable to register the prev. license onto the new USB-eLicenser. The USB-eLicenser does not uppear under as an additional drive (i.e., Under Disk Drives it is displayed only my C:\ & my DVD RW Drive. No USB Drive).
I have tried to contact Tech Support. But unsuccessfully.

I appreciate any help & thank you very much already.

The USB-eLicenser does not uppear under as an additional drive (i.e., Under Disk Drives it is displayed only my C:\ & my DVD RW Drive. No USB Drive).

It’s not a usb drive so pretty sure it wouldn’t appear as a drive. Are you running the latest elicenser software version?

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Yes, I have downloaded the latest eLicenser version.

But how can I copy the old Soft-eLicenser details (for Cubase Elements 8) onto the new USB-eLicenser (for Cubase Artist 8) - as advised in the FAQ?

Cheers

Instructions are here:

https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/how-to-transfer-a-license-from-soft-elicenser-to-usb-elicenser

If not working tell us in detail the problem…if the elicenser doesn’t show up in the licenser control panel did you try a different usb slot…or open the windows devices panel and see if it’s in there.

Many thanks, Grim, for the link above. It was very helpful. Problem solved.

Gratefully,

Giacinto