MR816 and Windows 10

The latest knowledgebase update for El Capitan (just out) shows scheduled updates for various hardware/software as coming some in late November, some in late December. In this table, the MR816 update is shown as tba, same as on the Windows support table. I’m getting a sinking feeling about the support for this hardware. Yamaha has a pattern of fairly quick hardware life cycles. They promised 64 bit drivers for the 01x, which NEVER CAME. They officially dropped that device from support instead.

When this happened, they offered a loyalty discount on buying a new piece of their hardware. That’s how I ended up with my MR816. If they offer a similar program for MR816 owners, here’s hoping it comes sooner, rather than later. Else, it may come too late to prevent me from jumping ship.

I own a great many UAD plugins, and might otherwise be interested in a new Apollo, but the last OS supported on my UAD hardware is Windows 7!!! With this kind of support, I’m strongly considering selling the whole lot of it and buying a different brand of gear. I’d consider a recommendation.