How to open plugins/plugin-chains on multiple clips at once?

All topics on WaveLab 7 and WaveLab Elements 7
TT-Mastering

How to open plugins/plugin-chains on multiple clips at once?

Post by TT-Mastering » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:10 am

Hi,
in WL6 we are able to open one plugin on multiple selected clips at once. A very important feature.

Now I can't figure it out how to do so in WL7. If i select multiple clips, the plug-in i add then is only available
on the last selected clip. And it doesnt work with Plaug-In-Chains too.
It's the main reason we still work with WL6.
Do i miss something?

Thank You,
Enrico Mercaldi

PG

Re: How to open plugins/plugin-chains on multiple clips at once?

Post by PG » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:24 am

Have the plugin in 1 clip, then use the function "Paste to selected clips", from the menu in the Plugin Tool window.
Philippe

TT-Mastering

Post by TT-Mastering » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:15 pm

Hi, Philippe. Thanks!

But this is very complicated that way. Why don't keep it as easy as 1.2.3?
It works just perfect in WL 6...selecting the individual tracks and then open the plug-ins on these tracks. Only 2 mouseklicks per plug-in.

Now, in WL7, we have to select one track / open the plug-in on this one track / select the other tracks / deselect the first track / copy the plug-in.
thats 5 mouseklicks.!

We are doing a lot of analogue and digital masterings per week and during the finalizing-stage in Wavelab we have to deal with also a lot of plug-ins 3-4-5 per track.
All this is a very annoying, just time consuming and mouseklick-intensive process now in Wavelab 7..

What about the plug-In Chains? We hoped that with the WL7 update we will get the possibility to open plug-in chains also on selected tracks, to save even more time with Wavelab 7...just for a little more easyer daily studio-routine.

Phillipe, could you please make this plug-in handling easier and faster, or just like it it was before?
And opening plug-In chains on individual, selected tracks would be a huge step forward as a logical consequence
to that individual plug-in-loading handling we allready have/had in WL6!

Finally, just for illustration....lets say, theres a 20 Track compilation or album and you need to open 4 standard plug-Ins on all these tracks. In WL6 thats only 5 mouseklicks, in WL7 thats 20 of them. But with Plug-In Chains on individual tracks it could be only TWO mouseclicks... Thats 20 against 2!!

Thank You,
Enrico Mercaldi
Time Tools Mastering

PG

Post by PG » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:36 pm

Yes, I have such request sometimes, hence I should consider this.
But there is a reason why I don't make this so easy: plugins can take many resources. But I should certainly make it more easy, adding warnings when necessary.
Philippe

Sonik

Post by Sonik » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:01 am

TT-Mastering wrote:
What about the plug-In Chains? We hoped that with the WL7 update we will get the possibility to open plug-in chains also on selected tracks, to save even more time with Wavelab 7...just for a little more easyer daily studio-routine.
+1 please
MacPro 8 core 16gb HD 5770 10.11.6|Studio One 4.5|Protools 2019|Cubase Pro 10.0.30|Wavelab 9.5|Logic X|Apollo Quad|4xUAD-2 (14 core)
Manley Massive Passive|Thermionic Phoenix Mastering Plus|Maselec MLA-2|API 2500|Avalon 737sp|Summit TLA-100A|Distressor EL8-X|Apogee Symphony||Euphonix McMix x2|Dangerous Music 2 Bus LT|ATC SCM20 ASL Pro|Amphion One18|
Halion Sonic 3|Komplete10|Stylus RMX|Trilian|Omnisphere 2.6|VSL Strings|EW Pianos|ReFx Nexus 2|AirMusicTech|Sylenth|Predator|Kick 2|Serum
UAD|Waves|Soundtoys|Melodyne|Softube|Brainworx|PluginAlliance|Fabfilter|

Return to “WaveLab 7 | WaveLab Elements 7”