An open plea to Steinberg

Ok, but in essence you’re singing the exact same tune.

If new users coming in happen to read reviews in and outside of this forum, won’t they be tempted to go elsewhere when they see a whole bunch of complaints and unhappy existing users here who are growing increasingly tired and frustrated from release to release?

For instance I did just that before I came here from Sonar when I jumped in at 7.0.

If I were Steinberg’s head of the decision committee, I’d post the following statement [where applicable to Cubase]:

I’d like to personally apologize for the quality of the Lightroom 6.2 release we shipped on Monday. The team cares passionately about our product and our customers and we failed on multiple fronts with this release. In our efforts to simplify the import experience we introduced instability that resulted in a significant crashing bug. The scope of that bug was unclear and we made the incorrect decision to ship with the bug while we continued to search for a reproducible case(Reproducible cases are essential for allowing an engineer to solve a problem). The bug has been fixed and today’s update addresses the stability of Lightroom 6.

I’d also announce that this was in the works, so as to inform the current user base, [which would be highly considerate], and also prevent most from being tempted to look elsewhere while they patiently wait for ‘said promises’.

Then, before long, Steinberg would have [and be known for] a ‘top notch, stellar, no bugs, works excellent’ DAW that others would migrate to, which would also be supported and boasted about here, there and everywhere from Cubase users all over the globe.

Then Steinberg would recoup their temporary losses from doing this, by attracting newer users all the time, and also prevent their existing user base from shopping elsewhere, [which I’m sure we’d all much rather stay then go], since most, if not all, would then be quite happy and productive as designed.