An open plea to Steinberg

No, I’m on Nuendo and I’m telling you that’s not the case. By and large you could maybe argue that Nuendo users get fewer and less severe bugs, but the problem is what happens when we get a quite severe bug, and we now have at least one. With a corporate culture such as the one they have they’re now ‘stuck’ so we who do pay a premium are stuck as well. How many months do we have to wait for our new feature that we paid specifically for will be fixed? That’s my point.

Our issues (yours and ours) are tied together. Either the culture and primary goal is to sell more first and address only a small amount of issues when time permits, or it’s being an honest manufacturer that cares about his customers and actually does mean “prioritize” when they say they’re “prioritizing” fixing severe issues. You guys are suffering bugs for exactly the same reason we’re suffering them. It’s all the same company and the same mentality.

Of course. But even once releases have been stable and bug-free for a while you’re not seeing a lot of participation in that section. There are far fewer users. And, no offense, but there are far fewer hobbyists using Nuendo, as a percentage of its user base compared to Cubase. And I think that has a huge impact.

That’s “childish”? That’s a pretty strong word. Yamaha is a billion dollar conglomerate exactly because they have long term vision and care about profits. If Steinberg isn’t making a profit then Yamaha has to question why they should own it. Why should it? If it’s a drag on its financials then there’s no reason to, that’s the way capitalism works.

I’m not saying people will boycott updates and upgrades of Cubase and Nuendo, because people never do, I’m just saying that if they did then it would matter, because if there’s something that people “get” in large corporations it’s numbers on a spreadsheet.

No way. This happens repeatedly. Release. Bugs. Complaints. People buy anyway. Complaints. Feature requests. New features. Bugs. Complaints. People buy anyway… over and over… Complaints here change nothing. That’s been my point.

The only way I seemingly got any traction and response was posting at Gearslutz in the post-production section calling Guillermo on his inaccurate statements about Nuendo. Then there were “questionable” responses. But even then we’ve seen zero results from this “priority”, except the Cubase release, which of course is the definition of not having the stated priority.

If stability is an issue for you with Cubase then I would first look into the workstation configuration as a whole, and, if that doesn’t fix it and if it is an issue that other users suffer I would recommend not upgrading until you are sure other people have reported the issue gone. By switching to Nuendo all you’re doing is waiting and spending more money. We’re consistently about 6 months behind Cubase, and our feature set includes that of Cubase anyway (plus the features you don’t need), so if you’re going to wait that long why not just wait for the latest release of a stable Cubase and save your money? It shouldn’t be unstable seeing that we’re getting the same code in Nuendo, so if Nuendo is stable so should the latest version of Cubase.