[BON-18357] Option to disable new 8.5 window edge pop ups

+1

+1

+1 have difficulties when trying to resize windows, keeps poppin’up … crazy! Also weirdness when focusing on project window then mixer console and then back to project window.

+1

I don’t like it, AT ALL. Not because it’s new, I usually like the new features. Microsoft tried this in Windows 8 with the Charms Bar and everyone hated it. They took it out in Windows 10.

Big problem for me is often when I try to drag a part, it duplicates it. I was fine with using my keyboard to duplicate. The less mousing, the better. What were they thinking?

I would agree with the poster except that I really think nobody wants this and they should just remove it.

+1

+1

Can I just say to the Cubase UI dev…

LOOK, IF IT ISN’T STANDARD PRACTICE? DON’T DO IT!

We’ve got so many cockamamie UI doodads now and very few of them are actually -useful-. Keep it simple, self-evident and non-sexy and above all? Don’t get all ‘clever clever’ with it (like the hidden stuff.)

Yep, these are truly annoying…particularly because they don’t “work” like rollover contextual menus: rollover and make a choice or not, roll off…done. They just stay on until you reclick 'em to dismiss them, choice or not. Yet another “nobody asked for it” redundant mechanism that interferes with the miserably narrow Mixer scroll bar or forces an unwanted parameter change if you attempt to dismiss it and aren’t careful. Meh.

Huge +1

The new Edge Zone is one of those features that make me ask how often designers (in general) actually WORK WITH THE SOFTWARE they design UIs for.

One word: objectivity.

At the risk of sounding like Mr. Know It All…

Having done that work for many years, the answer is simple: You can’t USE the software -and- DESIGN it. There just aren’t enough hours in the day. UX designers (like all of us) fall in love with an idea and then are loathe to discard it unless they are YELLED at by others who actually have to live with it 10hrs a day. It’s like trying to master your own record… it’s usually a fool’s errand. Most of us just can’t step outside ourselves and hear our creation the way others do.

+1. Pleeeeeze give us the option to remove those tabs. It’s like I have to tip-toe around the edges of my screen to avoid them; total workflow drag.

It’s better to remove it than to make it optional. Removal of this would be a good selling point for Cubase 9.

+1

Over and over it pops up and I accidentally activated it at least a dozen times yesterday. I can’t begin to say how annoying it is. It really HAS to go.

The idea behind this is great (for workflows), but test it on functionality and you’ll see that it frustrates other handlings like resizing your window.

+1.000.000 on the comment on minimal scroll bars !!!

+1

Oh GOD yes. Astonishingly awful.

+1

Was just searching for a way to disable them and came across this. Sublimely irritating new “feature”.
I also notice that the, not so useful, status line bar keeps coming back on after it’s been unchecked every time I restart Cubase. Related to the edge zones?

+1 on this

I seldom complain, but these pop-ups are ridiculous… It’s impossible to hover and clamp any object without them “jumping” inbetween. How on earth did this pass UAT? You guys didn’t test it AT ALL now did ya?

+1

Not really because I have this problem since 7.x :frowning:(