Cubase 9 Feature Requests

My wishes in order of importance:

-Edit Mode in Cubase!!!
-Import Session Data (similar to pro tools)
-a vocalign like feature that will let you sync 2 audio file
-Variaudio 3 that will include SSSS and SHHH sound detection so they don’t sound robotic when tweaking pitch and
an attack and release slider or button that would set when straighten pitch will start and stop on the different notes
-seperate undo and redo on the mixconsole
-undo and redo on all plugins
-Better Grouping/linking management (similar to pro tools)
-a Mono/Stereo Switch on all channels
-the possibility to move tracks/channels in mixconsole
-Bring back old behavior for ruler zoom
-A plugin crash detector that will let you know what plugin crashed
-A duplicate relative that will let you duplicate multiple events with the same gap (if you have an event, a 1 bar gap and another event, it would duplicate those 2 with the 1 bar gap instead of right after the last event)
-a random option in the line tool options
-the ability to move around and apply new plugins and tweak existing ones on frozen tracks
-An option for the MCU or other controller jogwheel speed (select the speed and select between zoom relative or not)

I’m working with a lot of automation in my projects and i also work on other producer projects. I’m doing a lot of mixing and I find the automation process difficult to be made in Cubase especially when working with midi because when you are working at a project that is not yours you don’t know what is what and it’s kind of hard to identify the automation for each midi track that is associated to instruments from the instrument rack especially when you are using the same instrument in multiple instances. You must scroll in the project window until you find the vst instrument folder and after that you must open the folder containing the instrument. It’s a big waste of time when you are in a rush and you have a deadline for a project, not to mention working with big projects (100+ tracks), also having instruments in vst folder routed to group tracks and different sends to FX tracks that have automatization on. I know that you can use the instrument track instead of using midi, because you use midi for instruments like Kontakt for example which have multiple outputs. Now I found different ways to handle this, one way is to move every midi clip in a new folder with the instrument so my automation will be right under the midi representation, because I want to be able to see what I’m doing rather than scrolling to the instrument folder and back again to the midi track, but I come up with a better solution. So as a conclusion I want to make a suggestion for the next Cubase version. Create a new insert function in Cubase (like the “add marker track” function) which will be, say “add automation track” and make it able to be associated to whatever parameter you want from every VSTi, VST or mixer send, volume fader and so on, or even to two or more parameters in the same time with customizable amount of influence over the controlled parameters. Also let the user to name the automation track however he wants and to be able to change it’s position in the project window by his needs. Thank you for your time, I hope it make sense to you what I’m proposing. If you find that useful, fell free to use it as it’s your idea because I don’t need any credits for this, just want to help and improve the workflow in Cubase and also add a plus to the already best DAW on this planet. Keep up the good work and if you find this useful, please let me know!

SUPPORTED + comments
-Import Session Data (similar to pro tools)
→ AND a little program to read the session data without opening the entire project check BPM etc before having to open it
-a vocalign like feature that will let you sync 2 audio file
→ YEAH
-undo and redo on all plugins
→ YEAH
-Better Grouping/linking management (similar to pro tools)
→ YEAH
-a Mono/Stereo Switch on all channels
→ YEAS and a MONO option for VTSi outputs
-the possibility to move tracks/channels in mixconsole
→ YEAH
-Bring back old behavior for ruler zoom
→ Yeah, the new one is a mess
-A plugin crash detector that will let you know what plugin crashed
→ AND dont crash the entire program if a plugin crash, just take the darn plugin down and leave the program running
-A duplicate relative that will let you duplicate multiple events with the same gap (if you have an event, a 1 bar gap and another event, it would duplicate those 2 with the 1 bar gap instead of right after the last event)
→ CTRD + D does that (highlight the events + click CTRL + D)

And how has been asked so many times, the option to always put the mix to the front

Thx mate but CTR + D does a regular duplicate so it will put the event right after the end of the event you’re duplicating … what I want is a relative duplicate so that when you duplicate multiple events that have a space between them, the duplicate would have that space too instead of being right after the last event.

1- PLEASE WE ARE WAITING FOR YEARS FOR THE EASY AUTOMATION… Just for this reaseon Im doing my mixes in protools or logic even the lates cubase’s mixer is lovely… Bring this easy future PLEASE : Select the area you want to write automation and just pull it up or down like in Logic or Protools.
In Cubase you have to create a point with the mose click where the automation should start and than one more point for the ending of the automation BUT EVENT THIS IS NOT ENOUGH TO DO THE JOB, :imp: :imp: :imp: YOU HAVE TO ADD TWO MORE POINTS JUST BEFORE AND AFTER THESE TWO AUTOMATING POINTS TO PRESERVE THE REGULAR VALUE !!! DAMN ITS REALLY ANNOYING AND TAKING TIME AND MAKES ME (ALSO I REMEMBER EVERYBODY IS COMPLAINING ABOUT IT HERE AND THERE) HATE ABOUT MIXING WITH CUBASE :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

2- The vocalign like synchronisation would be reaaalllllyyy greaaat !!!

3- batch export with the send effects summed in individual tracks… (Is it possible really I dont know…)

4 - Fixed (I mean static) MAIN OUT CHANNEL in the mixing console, everytime I open the mixer, the main out cahnnel falls to out of screen and I have to scrool to the end of the mixer to reach my mixbus compressor etc… while mixing…

I’d still like to see the following

• Mix versions
  • Automation bezier curves
  • the ability to export arrangement tracks without flattening (Could be a bug but it always fails for me)

I hope trashdinner now knows why you shouldn’t open feature request threads with such generic titles.

Cleanup time - I deleted three posts just now- a duplicate post of Very Simple features that would help a lot - Cubase - Steinberg Forums and two responses to it.

+1

Two or more sessions simultaneously.

Cubase has great potential to be used in live sets utilizing it’s extensive features. Ableton runs laps around everything else at this point but it doesn’t have to be this way.

I hope those of you posting to this thread understand that your requests are not likely not be seen, buried as they are in a thread without a specific topic. There are some nice ideas here that deserve their own threads.

Also, note that, largely speaking, Cubase is planned a couple years in advance.