Cubase and Focusrite Scarlett 6i6

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Seltaeb

Cubase and Focusrite Scarlett 6i6

Post by Seltaeb »

I cannot get the Scarlett 6i6 to work with Cubase 7.5 since I upgraded to El Capitan. Interface works fine with all other programs, audacity etc. It must be a Cubase issue. The interface is recognised in Cubase, and is fully configurable but no sound in our out. I have tried the suggestion on the Focusrite site but no luck

Can anyone help?

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Cubase and Focusrite Scarlett 6i6

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

First of all I have to mentioned Cubase 7.5 is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.11.

Double check the VST Connections > Outputs, please.

What Sample Rate do you use in your projects? Please, test it with 44.1 or 48kHz Sample Rate.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Seltaeb

Post by Seltaeb »

Yes, have checked all those things. Cubase 7.5 works fine under El Capitan for me, runs great using internal sound. It's just the Scarlett I cannot get to work with it

Jack Focusrite

Post by Jack Focusrite »

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you're having some problems.

As Martin mentioned, Cubase 7.5 is not supported by Steinberg on OS X 10.11 - Cubase 8 has just been made compatible via an update which solves a similar problem some users were encountering with that version with Focusrite interfaces.

If you're not intending on upgrading to Cubase 8 in the immediate future, a workaround that we have seen to fix this issue on a number of systems is to create an aggregate device is OS X. To do this, go to Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup. Click the '+' button in the bottom left corner of the screen, then select 'Create Aggregate Device'. Select the tickbox next to only the Scarlett 6i6.

Now, in Cubase, go to Devices > Device Setup. Click 'VST Audio System' on the left, then select your new Aggregate Device rather than the 6i6 (even though they're essentially the same thing). Now test again - has that fixed the problem?

Best regards,
Jack // Focusrite Technical Support

http://focusrite.com/answerbase/contact-0

Julinaglia

Post by Julinaglia »

Hi,
I has recently downloaded Audacity in my Windows 7 (old version, yes) and I can't configurate (doesn't works) with my external sound cart Focusrite 6i6.

I would like to record one flux audio from internet and after treat this audio file in Cubase 7.

I readed a lot of sites but it doesn't work.

Can you explained to me how to configurate both Audacity and Focusrite ?

Thanks a lot ! Best regards, Julian

Return to “Older Cubase versions”