Cubase and Focusrite Scarlett 6i6

I cannot get the Scarlett 6i6 to work with Cubase 7.5 since I upgraded to El Capitan. Interface works fine with all other programs, audacity etc. It must be a Cubase issue. The interface is recognised in Cubase, and is fully configurable but no sound in our out. I have tried the suggestion on the Focusrite site but no luck

Can anyone help?

Hi,

First of all I have to mentioned Cubase 7.5 is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.11.

Double check the VST Connections > Outputs, please.

What Sample Rate do you use in your projects? Please, test it with 44.1 or 48kHz Sample Rate.

Yes, have checked all those things. Cubase 7.5 works fine under El Capitan for me, runs great using internal sound. It’s just the Scarlett I cannot get to work with it

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you’re having some problems.

As Martin mentioned, Cubase 7.5 is not supported by Steinberg on OS X 10.11 - Cubase 8 has just been made compatible via an update which solves a similar problem some users were encountering with that version with Focusrite interfaces.

If you’re not intending on upgrading to Cubase 8 in the immediate future, a workaround that we have seen to fix this issue on a number of systems is to create an aggregate device is OS X. To do this, go to Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup. Click the ‘+’ button in the bottom left corner of the screen, then select ‘Create Aggregate Device’. Select the tickbox next to only the Scarlett 6i6.

Now, in Cubase, go to Devices > Device Setup. Click ‘VST Audio System’ on the left, then select your new Aggregate Device rather than the 6i6 (even though they’re essentially the same thing). Now test again - has that fixed the problem?

Best regards,
Jack // Focusrite Technical Support

http://focusrite.com/answerbase/contact-0

Hi,
I has recently downloaded Audacity in my Windows 7 (old version, yes) and I can’t configurate (doesn’t works) with my external sound cart Focusrite 6i6.

I would like to record one flux audio from internet and after treat this audio file in Cubase 7.

I readed a lot of sites but it doesn’t work.

Can you explained to me how to configurate both Audacity and Focusrite ?

Thanks a lot ! Best regards, Julian