Cubase Artist 8.5 eLicenser

I purchased Cubase Artist 8.5 from my local Guitar Center and I was given a code on my receipt. After downloading the product and the eLicenser I followed the steps to activate it and the website keeps telling me there are no licenses attached to that Soft eLicenser. On my end after I put in the code into the eLicenser it correctly identifies the product and then tells me there is no eLicenser connected to my computer that I can download my license to. It shows up in the display, but is grayed out and cannot be selected. I have tried every fix I can find, but nothing has worked. Does anyone have something I may not have tried?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

You need an hardware eLicenser (USB Stick) to be able to use Cubase Artist as far as I know. Your supplier should have send you a box containing that (dark blue coloured) USB stick.

I advise to contact the local Guitar Center where you bought Cubase Artist, and explain the situation to them. They should have to send you the full product, and not only a licence number.

Hi!
I bought Cubase PRO 8.5 yesterday . I have a question.
Do I need to put USB licenser to my USB everytime when I want to run Cubase?

Regards
Saymon

Yes, that is exactly the idea of the eLicenser…

Best,
Dirk