Mix my new song!--and here are the mixes!

Well…um…in the end there will be 50 tracks. :astonished: :open_mouth: :laughing:

Juz kidding.

Scratch them heads indeed! :neutral_face:

Yeah, check the thread header.

A clean kick drum file:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26335181/Kick%20copy.wav.zip

Sorry.

:laughing: fu cough!

This process reminds me of the online mixing course I took a little while back, each week we would download audio tracks from a completed song. We were told to balance, pan and EQ the tracks then upload are results for the weekly discussion. The following week do the same thing, download more tracks to the song, insert them to the project and start a fresh, wipe all settings then re-balance, pan and EQ.
However Jet, I think I might wait till all tracks are available before I start this big project…so what is it? 49 tracks?
:laughing: :smiley:

Having said that, I might have to start sooner rather than later, ive cut the tip of my 3rd finger on my left hand…which means I can’t play with my new guitar!! :cry: :cry:
By the way, thanks for doing this!

Cheers
Sav

been messing with the files tonight ,cool stuff ,looking forward to the next installment.

Hope you have fun!

Ouch! :cry: :frowning: That’s an annoyance. Been hand feeding ya pirhana fish again Sav?

Here is the link to the various guitars:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26335181/Guitars.zip

Jet

Here’s what’s very interesting: I imported all the up-to-date files and just hit Play – all faders at Unity and panned center – and it sounds quite good just like that! A mixer’s job couldn’t be any easier :sunglasses:

Good to hear Doug, now all I have to worry about is making it worse :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: :laughing: …yeah, something like that! :wink:

Started importing the guitar tracks…then I see the name…steeeeeeeel :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

As Doug say’s, it’s sounding sweet as is! But something tells me no ones guna leave it as it is! :wink:
(edit) meaning we all have different rooms, monitors…oh, and ears! hehe
Following the rules on this one, its guna be real interesting to hear everyones results as it was for Dave’s mix.

A thought I had yesterday (if everyone is happy with this idea) would it be possible to have all the mixes downloadable? That way I could transfer all mixes to my DAW for better listening.
Everything I listen to on here is done on this ‘really’ old pc using my cans. Would be a nice change to do this A/B test on my system :ugeek: :smiley:

Cheers
Sav

looking forward to hearing some of these mixes

You lazy sod. :wink: :laughing:

Crack another lager, obviously.

:laughing:

I was assuming that would be the case. If anyone isn’t happy with this then
I think Sav will see you in the car park. Have a happy evening. He’s already wounded,
so you might stand a chance, but I have a feeling he’s a big fugly bugger who won’t take “no” for an answer.

Me too, though if folk go by Doug’s approach, it seems we’ll be hearing
a lot of lager mixes. :laughing:

Drink up lads!

It will be like the Black night scene in Monty Pythons, The Holy Grail! :laughing:

The ONLY move I made was to bring up the Chinese Bell thingy up a bit. Acoustic guitar already was in stereo and positioned slightly left. I’m not sure if I need the other two tracks (although I thought maybe the third one was up the neck)

So I’m just sitting here waiting for some vocals and snare drum :laughing:

hah, thats no problem I’ll just make sure I have a few at the ready before I listen.
“lager mix” :laughing: :sunglasses:

hi jet, hats have snook on to the keyboard ep file aswell ,could you post the bass guitar up again the one ive got is a bit stuttery kind of wobbly hard to decribe ,this may have happend after unpacking the file at my end and i seem to have misplaced the bass and drums original zip files .by the way im enjoying this .