Midi Editing

Oh, sorry. For the Volume, use MIDI Controller (in the Controller line) 7 (Volume) or 10 (Expression).

i’m in the list editor but changing values to the right of the screen is not affecting the volume,

use MIDI Controller (in the Controller line) 7 (Volume) ??

yes i see it’s set to volume 7

again when selecting main parameter cc7 and holding ctr/shift it does not change the volume

Hi, to open the Info Line:

1. Open up the Key Editor (double click on the MIDI track)
  2. On the top left-hand corner, just under the Cubase logo, the very 1st icon. Click on it.
  3. The screen should dim and a dialogue box will open at the same corner.
  4. Tick the Info Line Box. (A thick BLACK line will shift everything else down)
  5. Select the note you want to change. (The info line is blank if nothing is selected.)
  6. After selecting at least one note, a lot of information will appear.
  7. Change the value in the VELOCITY box. (0-127)

hope this helps… cheers!!!

KeyCommand: Shift+F2

Isn’t the OP trying to insert/edit CC7?

If so, position the mouse over the MIDI controller 7 lane you opened, hold down the alt key and click. This will create a new controller node. Select it and you will see its value in the info line.

If your VST responds to Volume commands (would be very rare if it didn’t) you will be able to change its output volume. (not the individual note)

thx keyzs, but once again like i say, the velocity adjustments do no alter the volume :frowning:

MIDI controller 7 lane you opened ???

let me emphasise again, the velocity adjustments no matter which way i try them, and i have tried three seperate ways, do not, repeat do not adjust the volume, why is such an easy task so difficult to fathom? i am using the Impact LX49

Thx Steve, the vst and controller respond to overall volume not individual midi notes it also controls the mixer but this is not what i am trying to do :frowning:

Yikes… :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

i’m probably at my wits end with this one. i made a midi file consisting of 4 sets of midi notes. Just add an instrument in. Try it and see what is working what is not. http://keyzs.zapto.org/dl/test.zip They are:

1. Velocity changes (0 - 127)
  2. CC7 MIDI Main Volume (0 - 127)
  3. CC11 MIDI Expression (0 -127)
  4. Mixer Fader (inf - 0)

Also thanks to Steve and Martin for the other methods to work within Cubase.

Especially the Alt+Click to add nodes. I have always Right-Click > PEN tool

:smiley: Many thanks guys :smiley:

Since Cubase 8.5 you can also just double-click to Add a new Note. Hold the 2nd click down, then you can set the lenght and the Volume of the Note. :wink:

Thanks again Martin… but i’m still on 8.0.20 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

no worries will kiv until maybe a newer computer… :wink:

cheers!!! :smiley:

thx keyzs, can you explain where this is?
thank you

http://keyzs.zapto.org/dl/net_picxs/cc7.jpg

hope this helps…

thx keyzs, this is what i see

Great!!! now all you have to do is draw in the CC 7.

i provided you a ZIP file with a Cubase project inside. It contains the 4 ways Steve, Martin and myself trying to explain how to modify MIDI volume. Open it up and see if it works for your instrument.

The single key of C3 will fade in.

cheers!!!

Hi,

Velocity is the Note On Velocity of every single MIDI Note.

The “Main Volume” line is the CC7. Hold down Alt modifier (to use Draw tool), and draw a line in the Main Volume line. Now, you are drawing the CC7 (Volume) events.

haha ok got it :slight_smile: thx for helping and racking your brains out, truly appreciated :slight_smile: