Save: File Folder Organization

Well, now I guess I am confused about what your idea is because you said this in your original post:
“Otherwise everything becomes a chaos of a million files I don’t want to see, blocking 10 files I do want to see.”

That is what made me think you were not saving each project to it’s own folder.

The CB auto save function only saves a .bak file (which is a copy of the project .cpr file) to the project root folder. It is handy to have if for some reason your original .cpr file becomes corrupt. I have mine set to the default setting to save (10) maximum backups. (1) auto save every (15) minutes. So in my project root folder I see the original .cpr file and (10) .bak files maximum. That’s it. The project root folder never becomes a “chaos of a million files”. It becomes exactly (11) files. (1) .cpr file and (10) subsequently numbered .bak files.

That is why I will periodically use the manual “Back Up Project” function which saves the whole project to a folder of my choosing. Usually I name the backup folder the same name as the project folder I am currently working suffixed with a date. I really only use the “Back Up Project” function when I know I am going to want to copy/use a portion of the original project in a different project. Otherwise the auto save has never failed me for the few times I found myself trying to work with a corrupted .cpr and needed to open a .bak file to restore it.

Also, as good practice, I do backup my whole system to an external drive at least once per week. Even more if I am working large or VIP stuff that I cannot afford to loose.

So I am definitely not against your feature request as I thought I understood it. :wink:

Maybe you can try to better explain why you are getting folders with a “chaos” number of files so we can +1 this baby.

Regards :sunglasses: