UR22 cuts out intermittently

Did you notice any difference between the 7 cables? The first few I tried made my UR12 much worse than the one from the box. I’ve seen cables that are labeled “high quality” but still just have a 28 gauge power wire. Also if your cables weren’t new they could have lost performance. When the cable is bent around and used a lot it’s said that the little wires in the cable can be frayed witch would result in lower performance. We’ll see if anyone else has luck with a different/new USB cable.

Curious…Has anyone had this issue on a laptop? The UR12 worked find on my laptop with the original cable and I saw a few people say that in this topic. Maybe laptops handle USB power in a better/different way.

Replacement of the original cable interesting idea . Especially since the original cable series UR - NO NAME!? Yamaha completes its interfaces are cheap quality cables? Or is it Steinberg bought the party cheap cables destroying this reputation Yamaha?:slight_smile: These interfaces are made in China, but in China it happens often. I’m going to buy a high-speed USB A - B cable to the printer and try it. A year ago, I saw one of the musicians used to UR22 not the original cable.

Dudes,

got my UR22 working for over 3 hours without any error! That wasn’t possible before…

Today I’ll run a longer Test, but so far…it works!

De&re-installed USB driver of my Win 10 System. Re-installed as Admin & with Win 7 compatibility mode.
Than again, from Port to Port with complete new cables. First cables change the sound (less volume) - next have better sound, but dropouts again after 30-60s.

My last cable was from my new LAUNCHKEY 49 MKII! And Hell Yeah :wink: I works…

Tried also connections with DC Power and a powerful USB Hub. Internal PCI USB card…nothing works before. Strange and as an IT system engineer really curios to understand!

Cheers, Mike

Interesting, Mike303.
How can we find out what it is about the LAUNCHKEY 49 USB cable that worked!?
Are there any clues printed on the cable itself? Does it say 28/24AWG or anything like that?

Step back…but much more interesting!

I know, people mentioned the network adapter settings, and I think it`s a mix of a good protected cable and in my case - WiFi disabled ?!

…today, I left the office and thought I could test a little bit my new equipment. I started my system and listen to music. Everything fine from the start. Than I want to check so infos in the www. My Network connection was disabled by me yesterday - when I`m turn off virus protection to reinstalled usb / mainboard driver as admin in win7 comp.mode!

So, I turn on my WiFi again - and after 20 second - I got the first drop out! Again, I turned off my wifi - and everything works nice…whaaaaazup Steineberg.

Strange and not really the best workaround;

Mike

Back in two hours! Will do some tests without WiFi/LAN connection!

Back and freaky!

In my case it looks like the wifi adapter has an bad influence. If its disabled - everythin is top! Enabled and terrible dropouts (blinking usb connectin!) start with the first click on - open network and sharing centre!

Still evil…

Yeah, disabling wifi is always one of the first solutions you read for issues like this.
Didn’t work for me unfortunately.

Yes!

But honestly, this is not a solution and I dont know if the best thing would be send back the unit intime! So I dont waste time and money.

Greets, Mike

Cool so that’s +1 of somebody else who has better results with a different USB cable. Mike303 did you try updating your WiFi drivers too. Not from windows device manager but from the actual manufacturer. Is your WiFi “realtek” by any chance? I’ve had problems with my onboard realtek audio driver and disabled it before I even got the UR12. Kept causing BSOD issues. Maybe you can try a cheap network card if you HAVE to have internet while using the UR22 like if it’s your primary sound card even when not recording or doing audio work.

Kind of strange for the audio to change because of different USB cables since the signal sent through it is digital. (I’ve read and heard that the sound wouldn’t be effected no matter the cable)

for what it’s worth my cable says “28AWG/1P 24AWG/2C” and (as written before) will not work in my 2.0 ports, but works perfect in 3.0 ports.

just found this.

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207546095

I know it’s not the steinberg one…but I am running AMD.

Hey Guys,

will try today after work an different internal wifi adapter.

If everything fails and there is no solution for network connection and the audio interface working fine at the same time, I`ll send it back and buy an RME.

Greets, Mike

Everything fine…my stuff works brilliant!

Hi,

OK, I cant wait for a solution any longer, returning my UR22. will never buy a product from Steinberg again.

Regards
Trev

It is troubling that there has not been more involvement from Steinberg guys here. I know, I fixed my issue by system rebuild and not even the same interface that seems to have the most issues, but that doesn’t fix the issue for others.

Even though it only a small percentage of users, I would expect a bit more response when there is an obvious issue with the driver and some systems.

For way over a year now…

Guys,

Mike is happy so far with a great running UR22 and Wifi connection!

Replaced my adapter…

Greets and will report after a few hours :wink:

Cheers, Mike

PS.: The sound is really awesome at moment…I like it and hope, that I`ve fixed it not only temporary!

I am sorry as it must appear that way indeed. But we are currently testing internal drivers with some selected users (also from the forum) with system setups that include some of the components that could cause or add to the issue.
With some success as it now seems… I will keep you posted!

Great news! :slight_smile:

I have addressed this problem to Ed Doll:

" Hi, Ed.
I also have problems with cuts on my UR12. I want to participate in the testing and get a special driver and send my log file.
Regards, Yuri."

but the answer is no (((Maybe he does not read private messages? Can he see here?

The answer is not “no” if I haven’t answered it yet… you sent the message yesterday afternoon. We’ll consider it if this is still necessary and I will get back to you then. Thanks for the offer!

I would also like to add that it turned out this was also my problem. My onboard Intel 82579LM Ethernet drivers were causing the dropouts on Windows 10. I had to buy a PCI Ethernet Adapter which is using the Realtek chip and my problems went away. This was around 3 weeks ago and I’ve not had a single issue since. Such a relief. :slight_smile:

There’s a whole thread on the Intel forum discussing the issue. https://communities.intel.com/thread/54594?start=0&tstart=0