How to use Groove Agent 2 on W7 64

Hi !

Because of the LCC installer that launches prior to the plugin installer itself and because it is not compatible with W7 64, installing Groove Agent 2 on this OS is not possible. You’ll get this error message Cubase: Music Production Software | Steinberg

The solution is to install it on a machine using windows XP and then to copy the installation files on the new machine. You don’t even have to install the banks : just copy the content folder (from the install CD) somewhere on your machine and locate it on first start of the application. But, I tried this and it did not work, the plugin did not show in Cubase (v6).

I then tried to launch the standalone version, out of curiosity. I got an error message telling me “msvcr71.dll” was missing on my machine.

If this happens to you : download the file from the internet (google it) and then put it in “C:\Windows\sysWOW64”.

After that, you’ll be able to use Groove Agent v2 on a machine using W7 64 bits and it works perfectly in Cubase (tested in C5 and C6 32 bit).

1 Like