UR22 cuts out intermittently

So I attempted to explain my situation with my UR12 interface, but the sh‎itty automatic logout on this site logged me out before I could even submit my post. It didn’t even bother to save what I had typed after I logged in again. Lovely…

Anyway, the disconnection problem had gotten much worse after my initial posts; so I, after reading that a new driver had been released, went ahead and updated. With the new driver, my device continued to disconnect at random just as much as it did before. The interface now disconnects differently in games, making a loud click before becoming totally silent. In one instance, the sound from the headphone out had been colored with a nasty static that got worse as I played – eventually leading me to restart my computer.

All this, in addition to numerous crashes after installing this card, lead me to believe that this is a hardware problem of Steinberg’s. I’d like to be able to receive a replacement or, preferably, a total refund; but I doubt if calling an asknet help line, explaining my situation again, possibly getting to send this sh‎it back, and then having to wait weeks for something in return is even worth the hassle. If anyone has experience with getting a refund through asknet/steinberg, and would be willing to share that experience, please do so here; it would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck to anyone with the same problem. There appears to be a lot of you when this thread has a view-count of 9200 and a post count of almost 300.