[FR] Adjustable minimum LEDs light intensity

+1. This is, along with the reversed Q and Gain knobs, the most annoying thing, for me, on the CC121. Otherwise it’s a great controller.

Bump!

…would be really nice to have the buttons lightly dimmed all the time.
Any comment from the mods about this?

Regards,
Paul

yes.

but that doesn’t seem to stop people ignoring that fact and keeping on asking for it anyway.

I’d like my cc121 to dispense £10 notes every time I press a button…c’mon mods it must be possible…If I keep on asking surely it will happen ?

:laughing:

Comón Steinberg !

What is the problem ?
this request was made 6 Dec 2010 19:34
7 mounth´s ago ???
Not even an response for this one .,just tooo Bad :question: :question: :question:

Quoting from myself in another thread:

‘As it stands at the moment, with Cubase not playing and a track/channel selected with no eq or other inserts and not in R/W mode, it is possible for all 28 buttons to remain unlit, the only illumination on the entire panel then being the blue power/ready LED.’

In my view this is plain silly. I find it hard to imagine that this was how the designer(s) first envisaged the thing.

Bump!

And another bump here… I’m certain that this would be a simple thing to implement (29+ years as an electronic tech, field engineering with the worlds largest computer company…I’m not ignorant in this regard).

Steinberg…c’mon, please make something happen on this.

+1
and light up those function buttons when they toggle something in user mode !
(i have the strange feeling nobody is listening…it’s so cold…)

Waiting a comment about this from Steinberg…

+1

Greets

Jester Dyne

I find it VERY disrespectful that no one at SB has the balls to just let us know if they can do this or not. Of course, after seeing the new CMC series controllers it truly seems like they do not listen to anyone on any forum regarding anything related to controllers. :unamused:

why not get off your soapbox …and read:

it’s even on thread that you replied on. Don’t you find it a bit disrespectful for people to keep asking the same question without having the courtesy to read SB’s replies.

:unamused:

I find it disrespectful that you find it disrespectful that I have been disrespectful to Steinberg for being disrespectful! :open_mouth: Seriously though…oops, I forgot about that thread from a while back. I’ve been upset due to getting my hopes up about Steinberg putting out a higher-end controller. Steinberg, please accept apologies for my mistake…but you see what those CMC controllers have done to me. :laughing:

• 1 yes please.

So much of the value of the CC121 depends on the software integration.

Surely there are all kinds of options that could be added in software?

I bought the CC121 believing that Steinberg would continue to develop and improve the software and give users options in software to adapt the CC121 to their own work methods.

I am disappointed that this has not happened . . . at all.

Looking at the specs the CC121 is a rather dumb device. It sends MIDI notes on a button press, CCs on encoder rotation and PB values on the fader. The other way works the same, so MIDI notes turn the light on and off and PB moves the fader. Really simple actually. All the rest of the logic is done in software on the host side.

This way the plugin that allows the usage of the CC121 with reaper was able to add several clever things that I’d really like to see on the Cubase CC121 integration as well. As an example it can work with most EQs out there, it can swap the pan encoder and the fader to write pan automation or it can disable the motor fader with a button click so you don’t have to pull the wall wart to shut it up in a silent environment etc.

I have some worries to open it up and lost my Support and Warranty.

BUT:
It should be possible to build some dimmed LED inside to lit it up.
Some Resistors, wire and Flat LED’s should do it.
Maybe less than a hour work if it is not to difficult to remove the main parts under the control Surface.
Advanced would be an Poti to adjust the brightness for the additional LED’s.

If someone is interested maybe i’ll give it a try

+1

Bump!!!

Any news about this?

In this case, no news is probably NOT good news!