WHOA! Something's not right here! (ASIO load)

HI again…
Hmm that’s quite disappointing for you that the asio4all gives better performance then the propitiatory driver… Martin j above appears to know more about focus rite drivers than myself… he’s an extremely knowledgable guy so i would believe what he says.
This is the main reason i use a PCIe interface because of the insanely low latency it provides even at high loads… but that’s of no comfort to you unfortunately.
If there is a focusrite forum i think i would either start or join an existing ‘moan’ post or possibly email them to complain, i’d be ashamed and embarrassed if i were them that asio4all outperforms their own driver!
I’d be inclined to use the freeze and render in place options, you should be able to run insane amounts of VMR… i have all the modules and frequently run well over fifty or instances with other plugins as they are insanely light on resources, i can’t comment on your other plugs though.
I’m guessing your interface is on it’s own USB bus allowing you to utilise all the bandwidth on that bus?

If you haven’t had the device for very long perhaps you could return it for a refund?

If you MUST go the USB route it’s well worth checking out one of the RME BabyFace line…