Vst connect performer crashes on Melodyne

I own Sonar Platinum. And this comes with Melodyne. I want to use VST Connect Performer to contact an antwerp studio Grandon Neira Productions wich has an amazing new studio facility. I am the technical dude who maintains this Mac based studio wich has an Tascam DM4800 and an newly acquired Midas Legend 3000 mixing console in a 52 ch. frame with 48 mono channels and 4 stereo channels (and 16 auxes).

This studio wich has a mixing room and two recording rooms wants to facilitate antwerp musicians in it’s arsenal of services to clients. So we were testing the VST connect. I am now at home trying to setup VST Connect Performer. Wich is a great tool. But I cannot use it’s VST2 and VST3 plugin support as it crashes hard. And instead of the application automaticly disabling VST support so I can restart the app. It now keeps crashing every time it is started. And I cannot disable the VST support…

I tried to uninstall. But the system seems to remember last settings. So I cannot use VST Connect Performer from this machine… (Boohoo…)…

Please advice!

Hi,

sorry to hear that. Which Melodyne version are you running? OSX or Win? We need this info to track down the problem. Meanwhile you need to reset the vst support.

On OSX please remove the folder
/Users/YourName/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/VST Connect Performer

On Windows please remove the folder(s)
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VST Connect Performer
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VST Connect Performer_64

See you,
Michael.

Hi,

I’m on Windows10 64 bit with all updates in place.

By the way I have installed about 8 cubases in several studios. Cubase rocks. And the latest incarnation makes sense to a NON STEINBERG DAW user. Everything flows, makes sense and looks the part. Humans and computers don’t allways come together like it should. But I am confident that every true inspired songwriter will have no problems in picking up why Cubase has the flow it currently has.

I will remove the folders. And I will hope I will be up and running. Thank you. Tried it on a studio machine (have two racks and two laptops) and VST2 support worked.

It’s the Melodyne version wich comes with Sonar Platinum.

Removing the ini file got me up and running. I enabled VST2 support. And now I do have access to most VST plugins. Thank you. Now we will resume testing the remote possibilities for Gregory Grandon Neira’s new studio.

His Midas Legend 3000 48 ch. mixer is really a fun tool. I do hope you guys get to experience such a console. Allthough not setup as a mixer where you can take out a single channel for maintenance. As a mixer it sounds great and looks the part. I do however have my reservations around the purple cloth wich came with the console… Who thought about that? Does that make this the console Prince used to record purple rain :laughing:

Anyway. Thanks a bunch.

Frans
Muziekschuur