Very sadly I will never purchase Dorico

I can honestly say, this will not be a deal breaker for me. I am rather interested to see more in terms of functionality to decide, wether this program will be able to replace Sibelius for me with v1 already.
However, I do support the OPs request, as for a notation program, using a second copy on a laptop is kind of essential. With Cubase, I don’t mind it a lot, as this is a stationary PC in my studio and I am not too keen to using it on laptop (although I think many people will be …). But with a laptop - even, if Steinberg would decide to give the customer two licenses - a USB dongle is a big PITA, so it does put me off in some way.
On the other hand: While USB dongles have been cracked, they are much more likely to stay safe - at least for a long time, while pretty much every software protection gets cracked in no time … so I do understand Steinbergs reasoning. And if the lack of business loss due to piracy will somehow be followed by reasonable upgrade pricing … AND NOT EVER A SWITCH TO SUBSCRIPTION MODE :wink: … everything is ok with me.