Cubase 8.5.20

I’m also hoping they fix this. I went back to Cubase 8.5 just because of how bad the GUI is in 8.5.15

+1

As I reported in “Issues”, I’m seeing lots of lag in the metering and EQ animations.

So another +1 to update the GUI for 8.5 on El Capitan.

No lag issues on pc.
I suspect the issue is with the Mac operating system as many people on gearslutz etc are reporting bad graphical performance with other apps and apple stuff.

I’m on PC and getting lag.

Me too on 8.5.15 (and all previous versions since 7.5.40). I got the same motherboard as you, so maybe thats the culprit since others report no lag. I did install the latest update of 8.0 (8.0.40) and that took care of most of the lag issues I had, so hopefully they have solved it and it will be a lag-free 8.5.20 :slight_smile:

Yes I would also suspect this is a el captain OS X issue for 8.5.15. Really underwhelming until we get some better graphical acceleration for the next iteration of cubase.

Best,

I’m on El Capitan and everything is very slick and responsive. I am using NVidia’s web drivers. Perhaps this has something to do with it?

The only bug that annoys me is when you duplicate an instrument track, more often than not the tracks become linked, so if I mute the original, the duplicated version is muted also. Otherwise nothing to complain about.

I notice lag when tootltips are on or when the crosshairs are in use. I’ve got a nvidia card - I think I read somewhere that there is an issue with nvidia cards - something to do with the way the UI in C8 utilises h/w acceleration??

Hi Steve,

I also am using the nvidia web drivers with a Nvidia 980Ti but alas have tremendous gui lag.How does your native apple machines work like the macbook pro on cubase besides the hackintosh? Im curious if this issue can be tracked down somehow from your success.

All the best,

No problems with my Macbook Pro. It’s not as snappy, but I wouldn’t say laggy either.

Understood. Again, thank you for your input on the matter! Ill see if I can dig deeper.

Btw - I really enjoyed “Just because”. Nice work!

Best,

Same problem here on PC.

You can quickly fix this by toggling the master mute and master solo buttons. This is just another example of how the mute / solo functions logic is flawed and needs overhauling though.

Og thanks for that. Will give it a try.

+1

GUI graphics are to a DAW what the speedometer is to an automobile - Both need to be accurate and responsive or you get into trouble. Hardly rates an “everything pretty much ok” in my book.

Fix GUI for El Cap, please!

:confused:

GUI is very sluggish here as well!
Latest System and Cubase software.

Unworkable!!!
Don’t tell me they didn’t know before the release,…and, still not fixt

My MBP has NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512MB… No performance issues on large pop music productions. With 50-100 vocal tracks plus 48 instruments. FX and group tracks…

Maybe this GUI issue happens with specific graphic cards…

Talking about 8.5.20, any news on the release date?
It’s been 3 months since they’ve released a teeny tiny .5 update, for which they also needed 1-2 months.

I don’t even expect much from them anymore, I’d be happy if they would at least finally fix the hover buttons booboo introduced in 8.5.10:

It should have been fixed along with 8.5.15, but Steinberg thought differently. Oh well…

This and the removal of the new edge popups that drive everybody crazy:

I am one extremely disappointed user.

Yes excactly. The insert on/off/bypass bug and the annoying popups make C 8.5.15 pretty unusable for me - still using C 6.5.5 for my daily professional work - C 8.5.15 only for warps and some testing…