Couple problems with 9.02 update

I’m sure PG will be able to help as he knows all, now that he knows more about the OS.

1. in the render dialog for the audio montage, “select destination folder” doesn’t work. it does work for audio files, but not in the montage. very frustrating!

I can’t reproduce this problem. Please show me (picture) the exact menu function you use.

1. in the preferences, “show title for single tool window” is also broken. i have it unchecked, but it’s still showing the title.

I can’t reproduce this problem. Can you please give more details of what you see/expect?

1. i need to pitch shift a file. the “factory presets” option is grayed out. i can only do mickey mouse or quick +/-1, neither of which are any help. what happened to the dialog box where i could select the quality?

Do you really click in the middle of the “Pitch Shifting” button? Your comment seems to imply you only click on the right side.

Philippe

Hi PG,

You’re right about the pitch shifting, thank you!

here’s a pic of “select destination folder”. i click it and nothing happens. the dialog box doesn’t open.

the same thing happens with the “recent files” option for the file names. i click a different name and nothing changes:

as for “show single title” you can see i have this deselected:

but it’s still showing the title:

thank you!

For the “show single title”, I think there is a misunderstanding. This option concern a tool window when it is docked. In that case, if the tool window is alone at that location, then the option allows to hide the title bar.

In your picture, you seem to show floating window. In that case, there is a different option, but for meters only:
2016-06-11_19-52-06.png
I think this is what you are looking for.

thanks, but no, that’s not it. maybe it’s a different command and i’m just confused, but in v1, if i had only one montage open, it wouldn’t show the title, thus eliminating that whole gray bar under the ribbon strip and saving a bit of screen space. i only have one montage open 99% of the time, so this is nice.

i know i unchecked something to make this happen. can’t seem to do it with 9.02.

This option has been removed, because the access to the popup menu was far than ideal, without a tab.

what if i beg you to put the option back, for those of us who don’t need the popup menu? pretty please? sugar on top?

I would need more votes

i’ve been with you since like 1998, my vote counts for 10!

until the votes are in, and/or if i lose, is it possible for me to roll back to the initial version without having to redo all my shortcuts/customizations? cause the 1st version worked better. sorry buddy!

i’ve been with you since like 1998, my vote counts for 10!

:smiley:

until the votes are in, and/or if i lose, is it possible for me to roll back to the initial version without having to redo all my shortcuts/customizations? cause the 1st version worked better. sorry buddy!

You can backup
Just uninstall.
Your settings will be preserved, but just in case, backup this folder:
C:\Users[YourName]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab Pro 9\

But I would not recommend not to update to new updates.

quick question before i switch back: 9 will open 9.02 montages no problem?

also, seriously, when i was configuring the intital version to my liking and found the option to hide a single montage title i thought “that PG, he’s got my back, he thinks of everything”, so please consider reinstating that option. you can bury it somewhere only i can find it if you want:)

quick question before i switch back: 9 will open 9.02 montages no problem?

Yes.

BTW, what is your screen resolution?
Do you often work with a single file opened?

1024x768. i don’t use a desk and the monitor is far away from me. i now have a bigger monitor than what’s in the pic on my homepage, but like this:

i have only one montage open 99% of the time. i like the screen as simple and uncluttered as i can make it, with as much screen space as possible devoted to just waveforms. so maybe it seems like a trivial thing, and i suppose it is, but for me having that whole gray bar under the ribbon strip is a waste of space, and clutters up the screen. i don’t need that popup menu at all.

Thanks, interesting way of working.

when i was configuring the initial version to my liking and found the option to hide a single montage title i thought “that PG, he’s got my back, he thinks of everything”, so please consider reinstating that option.

I will see what is possible for 9.0.30. For 9.0.25, it’s too late.

thanks. btw, the problem with “select destination folder” only happens sometimes. other times it works correctly. which is even stranger!

thanks. btw, the problem with “select destination folder” only happens sometimes. other times it works correctly. which is even stranger!

Someone else told me the same. If that happens again with 9.0.25, please come back to me.

fwiw, it seems like it only happens when the montage is in an unsaved state. if i hit save, then it works correctly.

also, while i have your attention…i see that “split stereo track into two mono tracks” has been replaced by either “split into m/s or l/r”…which is fine BUT if i split a track into separate l/r tracks, the panning doesn’t work, or at least doesn’t work as i expect it to, i.e. i can’t seem to pan them to the middle.

when mixing, being able to split a stereo track into two mono tracks (that come up panned center, but could be manipulated freely) was very helpful. is 9 able to do this and i’m missing it, or would you consider reinstating it, or tough luck for me?

when mixing, being able to split a stereo track into two mono tracks (that come up panned center, but could be manipulated freely) was very helpful. is 9 able to do this and i’m missing it, or would you consider reinstating it, or tough luck for me?

You have to update the dispatching:

For the save dialogue … does Shift+S cause the same issue?

Here, on Windoze 7 Pro 32 bit not seen this problem.