New unsupported Midex 3/8 drivers available

At least Mr.Doll warns you that they’re completely unsupported. And for good reason.

I can’t speak to the PC community about this, but let me save any of you Mac users, who presently use these as $300 doorstops, to leave them right where they are. Let them continue to gather dust. You will waste your time installing this driver and hooking the units back up into your system. You will be sadly disappointed: the driver doesn’t work with 10.6.8 and C6. And I seriously doubt it will function with any other combination of Cubase and the Mac OS…but you’re all free to try. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

NIce try and 6 years too late. I am certain all of the Mac users have moved on to other solutions by now anyway.

I hope the PC community has better luck.

We installed it on our Lion systems yesterday and it works. So there are mixed results obviously…

Did you try two units? Let me know how that works out for you. Oh…and considering that the last working PPC driver was issued in 2003, let me correct that 6 year statement. 8 years.

Sorry Weasel but no support for this driver. If it does not work, then there is absolutely nothing we can do. I personally had only one Midex attached.

No apology necessary. I did quote your unsupported statement in my first post. All I can tell you is I hauled the old units out of the garage, installed the driver, did all the voodoo involved, got input but no output to any of the 16 channels. Using the Test Mode of AudioMIDI output to the various external units did work…but not through Cubase.

So…back to the garage and back to the MOTU units I bought to replace those things. I thought it’d be worth a look…because the MIDI timing was always superior to the MOTU’s.

If you get a chance…try two units and see what happens. Also: how many inputs and outputs did you hook up? All 8? Did all 8 outputs run simultaneously and properly to external units?

Anyone tried win64 yet. Not at the studio for a few weeks but curious as hell…
Thanks!

Unsupported I know, but WHAT A THING TO DO guys! Please give my most sincere Thank You to the peeps that did the Midex 8 drivers. Absolutely outstanding! This is the good old Steinberg to the core.

THANK YOU!!! :slight_smile:

+1,000,000

Yeah great ! I still got mine. A very positive surprise !
But … behind all the joy comes that bitter taste again …

6 years ago, when all the countless Midex users made a giant uproar,
Steinberg told us it is absolutely impossible to make 64 bit drivers !!

Now one of their coders turns the world around and breaks all laws of physics and jurisdiction ,
in his freetime …

Well … I will not use the word, I used when the 3.1.2 update was canceled,
but something seems wrong, here again …

Jan

No LTB, I guess ??

Finally my midex works again, was really getting tired of using the mini keys of microKontrol, now I have all my synth’s back, thank you, and whomever did this in their spare time, you sir are a gentleman. Cheers. :smiley:

Cubase 6
Win 7 64bit

Peachy, what OS are you running?

Why would LTB not be working?

AFAIK, LTB is based on DirectMusic, and DirectMusic isn’t supported on 64 bit anymore.

YES! Thank you Steinberg! :smiley:

MidiTest Results

Date: 06 Aug 2011
Time: 21:25:40
AppVersion: 4.9.243
API: DirectMusic
Test type: Advanced
Use timestamp: yes
Errors: None
[…]
Description: Steinberg Win64 Midex 3 USB Midi Driver
Provider: Steinberg
DriverDate: 6-15-2011
DriverVersion: 1.9.64.4
[…]
Message jitter: 0.58 ms :open_mouth: :smiley:
[…]
Byte jitter: 0.25 ms :open_mouth: :smiley:

Well … I measured 1ms jitter with timestamp enabled
and a pretty high max input latency …
Competition has overall better results ( old tests ) :

What made Midex special was LTB.
But this is obviously still discontinued.

After all a very welcome surprise !
:sunglasses:

Jan

working great here…thank you Steinberg :slight_smile:

MC

Great news, thanks :slight_smile: Now I can use my Midex8 on win7 64bit, nice!

SLL

Not sure about that. LTB is rather a “Time Stamp” protocol, hard-wired inside the Midex.

LTB is still supported by our current sequencer releases but we haven’t made any timing tests related to this with the new drivers.