Very sadly I will never purchase Dorico

Thanks Daniel — one more follow-up question: how easy / difficult do you expect it will be to move the license from the USB e-Licenser to a Soft-eLicenser, and back, and do you expect that that can be done any time, 24/7? I’m thinking of the way that licenses can be moved from one iLok to another (I know the analogy is imperfect because iLok licenses are always tied to the physical dongle).

If it’s really easy, then for all practical purposes this would be a practical solution for most people who have to switch back / forth between two or more computers, and who don’t want to leave the USB stick in the device that they are using.

For example: Dorico is installed on a desktop computer, but occasionally for road trips you may want to move the license to a Microsoft Surface Pro. But you don’t want to keep the dongle in the Surface Pro for whatever reason (it might get stolen, lost, break, you need the USB port for something else, etc).

This video seems pretty straightforward to me:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/company/technologies/elicenser.html. (Yes, I know they mention the transfer to the USB dongle is a one way street; apparently that may change).

It still wouldn’t solve the issue of people using a device with no USB port but I guess you can’t solve everything at once. Scoredfilms mentioned the surface book tablet; but I wonder how useful Dorico is without a regular computer keyboard in terms of how to enter notes, setting up scores etc.; my understanding at this point is probably not very much. But that’s a bit of a side note for this particular model of computer.

Thanks!