busy mix most plugins will no longer load

Almost certain at this stage this was as a result of me opening the offending projects on Cubase on my MacBook Pro and also my Windows 10 setup at the studio. There must be some sort of project file corruption behind the scenes. Havent seen it happen on projects that were only opened on Windows 10 ( I was taking projects home to do editing on the MAC at home… cant do that now!)

“Almost certain at this stage this was as a result of me opening the offending projects on Cubase on my MacBook Pro and also my Windows 10 setup at the studio. There must be some sort of project file corruption behind the scenes. Havent seen it happen on projects that were only opened on Windows 10 ( I was taking projects home to do editing on the MAC at home… cant do that now!)”

Same problem here. Mostly UAD and Slate for me and my system. I have had few if any problems with Waves. I use Cubase 8.5, Windows 7, and MOTU sound card. In contact with Steinberg Help Support, but no solutions yet.

Not my Win system (32gb ram) nor my UAD card are stressed in anyway on the songs files in question. Still plenty of CPU’s to use on both, but it just will not let me load in the majority of my plugins, this is not to say all will not run. There are a few plugins that will still load. Not that those are the ones I need to complete the mix.

Anyone else find a definitive reason for this problem they want to share. Thank…

Unless you can find anyone without UAD who has this issue then I would say it’s definitively UAD.

I have not moved to Windows 10 because of reported issues with UAD.

I am inclined to believe UAD may have something to do with it. I would need to spend hours moving dills around in explorer to find the offending plugin, if it’s even possible to find the problem. And worse, if I do determine it is UAD for example, what then, just don’t use $10K worth of hardware and software because it will not play nice with Cubase. For the most part, it is the UAD plugins that are effected during these problems. But, I do not use Win 10 or Mac anything. I have always been on Windows 7. When I open songs I mixed from weeks or months back, a number of plugins are missing from the mix and I can not reload them. I guess I will put in a shout out to UA and see if it they have any answers.

I’ve got two UAD cards and I have no such problem.

…not yet anyway!

Must be your 340Ghz processor :laughing:

They did tell the guy in the other thread that they would look into it…certainly worth making them aware that more people have the issue though.

I’m convinced this is got to do with Delay compensation. Whenever the problem occurs on projects the plugins cubase WILL let me load are either its own stock plugins or ones that are low on latency such as UAD Cambridge or Waves Api 2500. These usually WILL load when I’m having the issue but anything like C6 or Waves LMB or UAD Thermionic or anything like API Vision or Neve 1073 or Plate 140 will not load at that point in the project.

So very similar situation here. Waves and UAD. One thing I have found is that when the Constrain Delay Compensation button is engaged plugs gray out and you can’t load more plugs. If your project is saved with it on then it may not load the plugs when you open that project. Never had this happen until Cubase 8.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

Dennis

Just loaded a project to Run a mix tweak for a band and 30% of the plugins didnt reload and wont instantiate when I try. That includes UAD Plate 140, Relab 480, Lexicon PCM Hall, thats outside the UAD and Waves parameter… I can load Reverence and Revelation though…

Presonus have published a statement that may have some bearing on this.

This is very frustating… And how can we work with this !

Somebody find a solution for this ? :frowning:

A little bump on this cause it’s the most frustating thing I’ve with Cubase even with the empty project with just 24 audio track (empty) try to load plugs (UAD/Slate/Soundtoys/lexicon/waves/etc…) and after 25 or 30 plugins some refuse to load whatever the manufacturere was !

So any comment ? solution ? or I have to reinstal all… Windows 10 etc… puffffffffffffff…

Woah! Thats a major foopa! Sounds like Steinberg and Presonus need to find a workaround to that limitation or have some discussions with Microsoft. I imagine Avid dont give a toss considering its all OSX with them

Although possible the Major plugin manufacturers could get on board

Plugins manufacturers will also need to look at this, indeed.
We can’t speculate much, our engineers are still investigating on the reasons behind the increased reports about this behaviour. It’s quite likely that Steinberg engineers (perhaps along with other vendors) will reach out to MS.

yes I think is Something for MS, I don’t know what but they change Something, my system wotking perfectly and till 3 or 4 weeks even on empty project I’ve got this veryyyyyyyy annoying problems… can’t do anymore mixing… 3 project to finish… Perhaps I’m gonna close the studio and going to holidays… crazy men…
I’ve contacted Steinberg (Georges Boboe) and he tell me that he send it to the development team… cross finger…even if you have just a little fix please give me…

When it happens on my system generally I can still run Steinberg plugins to continue the mix. Is this the case with you? Do Steinberg plugins rely less on creating more and more .dll loads in the C sub-system?

Is there a tool where you can see how many .dll libraries are called/ loaded in Windows at any time?

I have a hunch that there is more than a single issue here…the max dll thing is surely still allowing quite a lot of plugs before it fails?? After all, even the thread title is specifically saying “in busy projects”.

So if you already have issues after 25 or 30 plugs I think there is something else going on and my spidey sense says UAD is playing a big part in this as 95% of complaints I see are from UAD users …can you force the error after such a small number of plugs without any UAD…do you hit the problem at any point without UAD?