[SOLVED]Upgrading to 8.5 Pro Help

Interested in Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 or Cubase Elements 8? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
MicroSnipe

[SOLVED]Upgrading to 8.5 Pro Help

Post by MicroSnipe » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:22 pm

Hello, I just recently purchased and installed Cubase Pro 8.5, only to find out that I cannot directly upgrade from my version of Cubase (Cubase Studio 5). Now that I look back at the available versions to upgrade from, I notice that Cubase Studio 5 is not included. This is certainly largely my error (I chalk much of it up to my first purchasing CS5 when I was 13 many years ago and not being as aware of the product line-up and differences at that time), though I'm slightly disappointed that it isn't made clearer somehow (though I understand with the current required steps to purchase, install, and upgrade, making it clearer is not so simple).

I'm wondering now, what is the available upgrade path for Cubase Studio 5 into Cubase Pro 8.5. And if there is no real process or there's other issues, am I able to refund my purchase of CP8.5 and how would I go about doing that?

Thanks,

Alex

EDIT:

Alternatively, is there some version of 8 that I can upgrade to?

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Re: Upgrading to 8.5 Pro Help

Post by Romantique Tp » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:43 pm

The option you have to pick is "Upgrade from Cubase Elements, LE, AI, Essential, Studio, SX, SL or Sequel".
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

MicroSnipe

Post by MicroSnipe » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:47 pm

Romantique Tp wrote:The option you have to pick is "Upgrade from Cubase Elements, LE, AI, Essential, Studio, SX, SL or Sequel".
I see, that makes sense, but I never clued in since there was no 5 in the title.

Thanks!

However, since I have already installed CP8.5 onto my computer, does that prevent me from being able to refund the product? I would love to purchase the proper version and use it, but won't be able to do that for a very long time if I can't refund the product.

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:15 pm

There's no problem in keeping it installed, but you'll have to contact support directly through your MySteinberg and explain your mistake to them. Don't forget to include the activation code for the upgrade you bought so they can verify that it hasn't been used.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

MicroSnipe

Post by MicroSnipe » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:16 pm

Romantique Tp wrote:There's no problem in keeping it installed, but you'll have to contact support directly through your MySteinberg and explain your mistake to them. Don't forget to include the activation code for the upgrade you bought so they can verify that it hasn't been used.
Just did that now. Sent off my receipt and everything. Thank you for your help!

Return to “Presales”