Workflow for Creating Dozens of Individual Sound Effects?

Yes, but there could also just be a search field in the Marker window. It would be easy.

I think Nuendo has some really powerful features and when you need a special solution, you can turn to the PLE or in Reaper you can script a lot if I’m not mistaken. That’s great for those special (edge-)cases and make Nuendo and Reaper super flexible for custom solutions. But you should not be required to open an extra editor window and configure custom queries in the PLE to do a basic search. It’s always an extra step. And unnecessary in my opinion.

Sigh… I know I’m complicated. But it bugs me to no end if I need doing something repetitively but have to open an extra window and click some query, especially if I could just stay in the marker window and enter a search term. I get angry a tiny bit each time I have to work around a simple solution. It adds up and I’m frustrated at the end of the day because I could be much further into my project than I managed to. It feels to me as if I’m building a small house with just a knife. Sure, you can do it, but it takes months. If you had the proper tools that empower your workflow, you could do it in weeks. :confused:

Yes, and a convoluted, complex project, where it’s hard to keep the overview means you spend more time hunting down signal paths to adjust a setting in an FX bus, manage channel visibility options etc. than making actual sounds. The management part gets really time-consuming.

I haven’t used Perforce but we use SVN on all our projects. SVN just helps exchanging project files, version them in case you screw up, and make sure no-one overwrites the work of somebody else. It doesn’t help with management within one project file or managing dozens of project files. SVN knows nothing of the internal logic of your project files.

This could be a wonderful solution that would be in-line with how Nuendo works today. Having Media Bay search for projects files by name and look inside of them, listing tracks, markers and being able to open that project and jump to that marker directly from Media Bay. Or, while listing channels and their plugins, being able to copy that plugin with settings or the complete channel strip to a channel strip in your current project without opening the project (and loading all resources). That would be quite handy I think, brilliant idea!

I have an idea for a specific sound effects design and export workflow that would make sense to me. I’ll post it later to see what you guys think.

Oh, I didn’t know this resource. It will keep me busy for a while! Thanks a lot Tim!