Why can't I connect over LAN / Wifi?

I have VST Connect Pro on a PC (Win10 and Cubase 8.5.2) and VST Connect Performer on a Macbook. Both the computers are connected to the same Wifi network.

The problem is that I can’t seem to get them to connect over this network. The ‘LAN’ LED in performer is greyed out and never turns green as described in the manual. If I try and connect in Performer, I get the error message: “Sorry, you can’t connect within your local network”.

The only way I can get this to work is if I connect the Macbook to my iPhone and run it off the 4G network which is not a workable/reliable solution.

Can anyone help?

local connections can only be established inside a local network. You will have to figure out why the wifi network doesn’t see the same local network.

Ok, so this should at least be technically possible if I can figure out the problem?

If anyone’s got any ideas on how to troubleshoot this, that would be very welcome. Don’t know much about networks.

Just had a thought…

I have an Avid S3 controller running via ethernet… could this be causing any kind of network issue? I will try disconnecting it and see what happens.

So… I disconnected the S3 and everything works fine with VST Connect over my wifi network. Now, to try and find out how to make them play nicely together.

Hope I can do this because VST Connect seems like it has awesome potential.

Well, I’ve found a solution for now:

Power down the S3. Then I’m able to connect. Then power up the S3 and restart EuControl. Now all is good.

It’s a fairly minor inconvenience but if anyone knows a fix, please post.