Test macOS sierra MR816 doesn't work

I know it seems overkill, but as a software developer - I assure you it is with good reason. And in short, it doesn’t matter -that’s just how it is.

There are many reasons. One is that there is likely a repository with a history, and each meaningful change has a release number. As they move forward they discover new edge cases and add to the code. The driver may also need to work along side other pieces of software that need to be aware of each other’s version so that they may work together properly. It’s also just the convention so that everyone is on the same page. My problem at first was thinking that 1.2.12 was “less” than 1.2.7 — but 12 is clearly bigger than 7.

While in initial development the version is 0.0.1+ etc. Version 1 is an official reliable public release. 1.0.0 - then it builds up in little parts 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 until it gets to an important state where a large problem or feature is complete and then can bump to 1.1.0 etc.

In this case it is at 1.9.10

I think that the version number shouldn’t matter very much and what we really want is a better named / organized driver.pkg and explanation of when and how to use them.

• Sierra: driver.pkg (not tested) (not passing)
  • Yosemite: driver.pkg (latest release: Dec 2015)
  • Snow leopard: driver.pkg (latest release: Some date)

etc.

• I believe that they DID fix this driver but did not change the version number or alert us that it has been adjusted.

Anyway, don’t let it get you down. It’s just a number - and although it seems annoying, it would be more annoying if it was named something else.