Braces!

Braces and brackets just should be freely editable, there are many different modes of using them. In a concert band, you commonly separate the following groups with brackets (and barlines): flute-oboe-bassoon / all clarinets / all saxophones / brass (sometimes divided) / Percussion. For the same instruments one most often uses the thin, straight brackets, not the thick, angled ones. Here is the Concert Band template in Dorico not consistent with the practice of big american publishers like Alfred, Belwin or Hal Leonard. (A very big market!)

With the available presets in 1.0 it is not possible to change this (or am I wrong and only a dimwit?), hopefully it will be with 1.0.10! Yet with the lack of so many features it must be a nightmare for the dorico staff right now. Perhaps Steinberg just should have asked for a crowd funding with discounts for buyers when it was going to be released and would have hired more beta testers?! I am wondering about frustrated first buyers, I am one lucky guy I could buy an educational crossgrade. I would have been very upset if I had spended the huge amount for a new, full, commercial license…