List of needed KEY COMMANDS & MODIFIERS

I’m sure I’m not the only one who everyday comes across commands that I wish existed. I’ve got a whole bunch, I’ll start with one and keep updating this top OP (Original Post) with my own and anyone else who has posted.

Also you can make general suggestions, one of which my would be to have more “one way” commands, for example, ‘Snap On’ and ‘Snap Off’, instead of having a snap toggle key. This would be useful depending on users workflow, and or for using in Macros.

Please stick to a clean format when posting a key command request. My command recommendation is ‘Undo Cursor Move’, I’ll use it as an example below

-Type - Name of Function - Function Description - Why it’s needed/how you would use it
_ex:

Undo Cursor Move
-Transport - Undo Cursor Move - Moves cursor back to where you last had it before a move/rewind/snap/nudge
_

*If you would be using it in a macro, type out the macro in point form and add an asterisk , to the new command , ex:

-Locate Selection
-Cut Time
-Locate Project End
-Paste Time
-Undo Cursor Move*

A general suggestion for this command, is to give the Cursor an undo/redo history or memory just like zoom.

\

Thanks for your suggestions: Recommended commands list below.

:bulb: Recommended Key Commands, from Cubase Users: :bulb:

\

-Edit - ‘Snap On’ and ‘Snap Off’ (separately)
Useful for Macros, and also not having to check if your snap is on. just hit snap on.

-Transport - ‘Undo Cursor Move’ - Moves cursor back to where you last had it before a move/rewind/snap/nudge
A general suggestion for this command, is to give the Cursor an undo/redo history or memory just like zoom.

soligne
-‘Select all disabled Tracks
-'Fade in to Edit Selection/Fade out from Edit Selection
(these exist for the playcursor, but would be usefull to have with the edit tool)

Recommended Key Modifiers, from Cubase Users:

Split Tool Modifier - Move Cursor To Executed Split
Split Tool Modifier - Split All in Folder[/u]

100% agree about snap. So frustrating the way it is at the moment.

Quantise – Quantise & Iterative Quantise – separate key commands
Needs to be how it used to be, direct key command to perform both types of quantisation (not having to first toggle the mode, then quantise)

Transport - Locate Start of next event. Current previous/next event is fine, but it cues both the beginnings and ends of events which isn’t always needed.

Edit - Move Selections To New Track If selecting events across multiple channels/tracks, there’s no quick way to get them all onto one track. If you drag to the bottom of the project window, its creates multiple new tracks for each event that was on its own respective channel.

Split Tool Modifier - Move Cursor To Executed Split
Split Tool Modifier - Split All in Folder

Edit - toggle A/B setting
Currently only works for the Channel EQ, not for PlugIns

+1 good one

Add Plugin to Next Available Slot - Prompts plugin selection box for next available insert slot on selected channel

Open Project Folder in Explorer/Finder - Opens up project directory (I currently do this from the pool or I go to ‘new project’ and then right click on the project and select open in explorer)

My suggestion is to have a dedicated keybind to switch to and show/hide each Lower Zone tab. Currently it only exists for the MixConsole. For example:

F2 - Editor
F3 - MixConsole
F4 - Sampler Control (would override VST connections)

PS: Please clean up the original post a little, I can barely tell what I’m looking at with all those underscores, underlining and text sizes.

-Inspector - Next/Prev Quick Control Preset - Cycles the next or previous user created quick control preset - I have 4 standard go to quick control presets for my standard go to track presets. I’ve created Quick Control presets that sort of align to how I would be using the VST plugins. Usually for these track presets I have 4 standard go to plugins ‘Sonnox EQ’, ‘Sonnox Dynamics’, ‘Sonnox EQ’, ‘Inflator’. So it would be great if I could quickly cycle for QC presets that have controls for each of these plugins.

Infoline Velocity

Infoline Note/Event Start

Infoline Note/Event End

Infoline Note/Event Length

+1 for snap tool key commands being added for Snap on and Snap off (it drives me crazy that it’s not available)

And the three different select tool options could be available as their own key commands as well. Please!!

Also, grid types the same - separate key commands for “Bar”, “Beat”, “Use Quantize”…

Key command for Ctrl, Alt and Shift.

This would potentially Quadruple the functions on any generic remote that isn’t an ipad.

Start - Start Playback
Ctrl Start - Record

Rewind - Rewind
Cntrl Rewind - Fast Rewind etc. etc.

Yes, THIS. So EASY to implement, and so OBVIOUSLY needed for WAY better workflow.

Another +1 on top of my already +1.