Audio recording issue

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
cinematicmonster

Audio recording issue

Post by cinematicmonster » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:21 pm

Hello! I use cubase for quite long time but still didn't figure out one important moment about guitar recording. When I recorded any sample in my project it automatically goes to project folder and keeps after deleting in project. So my question is: can I delet recorded sample in my cubase project and instantly clear my pool?

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Re: Audio recording issue

Post by Prock » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:16 pm

I'm sure for "safety" reasons (meaning, to prevent users from mistakenly deleting an audio clip) you can not "instantly" do it.
The way I do it, which gives me a bit of time to ensure I "really want" to delete an audio file is... open the pool (ctrl/p), right click the audio folder, choose "Remove Unused Media", then right click on the trash folder and choose "Empty Trash". Once you empty the trash folder it does not go to the computer "recycle bin". It is gone.

I'm pretty sure you can create a macro function to do all these steps.

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.0.50, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

cinematicmonster

Re: Audio recording issue

Post by cinematicmonster » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:37 pm

I like the Idea with macros. Thank you!

Return to “General”