Kill all audio button?

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
ilmolto

Kill all audio button?

Post by ilmolto » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:53 am

Hey guys,

I've been watching some tutorials from tutors using FL Studio. Looks like there's a lot on there that Cubase doesn't have, or maybe I'm not aware of, but one in particular is a "kill all audio" button.

Basically, when you press the stop button the first time, it will stop playback, but all delays and reverbs continue to play. If you press stop a second time, all reverbs, delays and other plugins are completely muted.

Is there a way to do this in Cubase?

ZeroZero

Re: Kill all audio button?

Post by ZeroZero » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:13 am

Why would you want this? Well I suppose maybe DJing? Cubase I think is a much more mature DAW and powerful too, but I don't see why you would need such a button

Z
Cubase 9, 64 bit Intel 8700k, Asus Rog Strix z390 mobo, 64 gig RAM PC, Win10, Focusrite Liquid 56 Running in Surround 5.1 British Rail sandwich circa 1967, a singing fish and an inert K9.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Zero_Zero

ilmolto

Post by ilmolto » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:18 am

Well, if I have a long delay or reverb playing after I stop playback, and then export, the delay or reverb is included at the start of the export. Also, it would be nice to have this button for people who want to silence the plugins before starting playback again or exporting.

Grim
Grand Senior Member

Post by Grim » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:43 am

There is no way to achieve this as far as I know....the vst system reset doesn't seem to do it and even if you switch to no driver the FX tail will reappear when you switch back!

I think an additional button is not required..A preference or menu option with access to key command to kill FX tails on stop would save the clutter.
i7 5820k @3.7Ghz, 16Gb, W10Pro, Cubase 9.0x, Cubase 8.5.x, Audient iD22, Zoom UAC-2, Wavelab Elements 9.x, Nektar Impact GX61

ilmolto

Post by ilmolto » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:48 am

I find it very surprising that the FX tails are included at the beginning of an export. Would make a lot of sense for it to start from silence when exporting. Anyway, for now I will just have to wait for the tails to finish before I export. Cheers.

Return to “General”