HALion 6 and HALion Sonic 3

This is what Halion really needed, looks awesome!

Looks impressive :slight_smile: good job
lot of new and usefull features that allow hopefully to let halion become more popular among users and 3rd party sound designers

Nice indeed! Goes a long way toward mitigating the Cubase 9 disappointment. This is a no-brainer update for sure.

What is the upgrade prize from H5 to H6?

We don’t know yet, but H4->H5 was €99.

Hi,

the update price will be the same as the update from H4>H5.

All looks and reads great, what you’ve posted so far Matthias… A lot of very promising stuff - some hard work been going on…!

Mind, those Brass and String demos are NOT flattering… :open_mouth:

Solo brass demos are always kind of ungrateful. Please trust me, the instruments sound much better in a full track context. Anyhow, you are totally right: We need some better demos for the brass and strings.

Yes indeed… :wink: hope the actuall sounds are better to use in real projects.
Anyhow looks as a great update.

99 euro’s ? NICE!

And what about NKS files for kompete kontrol keyboards?

There will be no NKS support in the initial release of HALion 6.

Ok maybe in the future. :slight_smile:

And with the Halion 6 comes Halion sonic 3 and the 25 GB library?

Yes, HALion Sonic 3 and all the new instrument libraries are included in HALion 6.

Quote:
You can record external sources, other VST instruments and even HALion itself.

Question:
So, Is the audio input for Halion assignable from connections, sends, or from the audio output of a track ?
Is it one stereo input in Halion or can any (audio/synth) track outputs be send to a Halion input in some sort of mixer ?

tx,
kind regards,
R.

Hi,

You can use the sends in Cubase 9 to route stereo audio to HALion. Just like Retrologue 2 in Cubase 9. In the standalone mode you can just use any input from your soundcard.

Very excited to hear about HALion 6 and Sonic 3. I particularly love the Flexphrase feature which I think is a brilliant tool and I was wondering whether there are any updates and improvements to this area in the new version. Very much looking forward to seeing the new products.

Besides the new instrument sets (Grand Pianos / Brass / Strings / Anima / Skylab), are there any other small instruments that are combined in some sort of factory content?

There will be two new features in the user mode of the flexphraser:

• There will be a third controller curve available in the arpeggiator
  • There will be a additional Velocity Modes that allow external controllers to generate or modulate the velocity of the notes

No, there will only be new presets for the new libraries and for the new Combi Library that makes use of the layer structure in HALion and HALion Sonic to combine different instruments.

Me to mate.

Halion is the best sampler on the market.
With audio warp en now direct audio recording.
I almost can’t wait to use Halion 6.