HALion 6 and HALion Sonic 3

Yes, that is our official Review Guide that we sent out with the press release. It’s not a document for the customer communication though…

You can find all the official prices in the Pre-Sales area of this forum.

Hi!
Is Halion 6 will work without any problems on Windows 7 ?

Hi,

HALion has only been tested on Windows 10 and Windows 8 64-bit systems. Windows 7 is not officially supported in this release.

That is bad news. I can not buy it now.

When do you expect W7 to be officially supported?

Does H6 work at all with W7 at the moment?

Unfortunately W7 will never be supported by HALion 6.

if it works on win10, it should work on win 7 -
it is not supported because it probably was not officially tested on w7…

win7 is still better than win10… :stuck_out_tongue:

You don’t want my money?

I’m certainly not going to change operating system (with all of the potential driver issues that might occur) just for one VST !

It is not as if I’m using XP or something - Windows-7 is probably still the most widely used OS on PC’s in the audio market.

Based on what?

based on an ancient revelation which was hidden in a holo-crystal found on the moon… or so Ive heard…

So based on a lot of nonsense.

do your own research if you want facts… im not gonna hold a presentation for you… sry…

:slight_smile: i just bought a refurbished x220 to run on Steinberg only and indeed Halion 6. Combine it with voicemeeter in windows and this thing is going to be really fun. :slight_smile: I also hope the Halion-installer will run on win 7 too because this thing is win 7. But when I look at the dorico part of the forum i expect it is going to work fine if you have the 4.6.2 .NET update in your win7, but ok, no official support.

kind regards,
R.

I must add that if H6 does not work with Windows-7 Steinberg will be missing out on a lot of income.

I agree. and I’m still trying to find the pre announcement from Steinberg where Win7-64 bit is no longer supported ??? - maybe there was one, and I missed it.!!

Strange… how Cubase9 was only just release, not too long ago : and Win7-64bit seems to be a valid platform on their system requirements : Cubase: Music Production Software - DAW | Steinberg

H6 not tested on win7 ? It is really strange. Most common system at the moment in the world.

10 o´clock and still nothing new on the Steinberg-homepage :frowning:
damn, I´m at home, Telekom upgraded February my internet to highest speed and SB doesn´t come around :confused:

The VST instrument department usually drops the motherload in the afternoon CET (GMT+1).

buuhhhh :frowning:

Downloading right now :slight_smile: +/- 28Gb, have to be patient :wink:

Pretty much everything that works with Windows 8 also works with Win7.