HALion 6 and HALion Sonic 3

Based on what?

based on an ancient revelation which was hidden in a holo-crystal found on the moon… or so Ive heard…

So based on a lot of nonsense.

do your own research if you want facts… im not gonna hold a presentation for you… sry…

:slight_smile: i just bought a refurbished x220 to run on Steinberg only and indeed Halion 6. Combine it with voicemeeter in windows and this thing is going to be really fun. :slight_smile: I also hope the Halion-installer will run on win 7 too because this thing is win 7. But when I look at the dorico part of the forum i expect it is going to work fine if you have the 4.6.2 .NET update in your win7, but ok, no official support.

kind regards,
R.

I must add that if H6 does not work with Windows-7 Steinberg will be missing out on a lot of income.

I agree. and I’m still trying to find the pre announcement from Steinberg where Win7-64 bit is no longer supported ??? - maybe there was one, and I missed it.!!

Strange… how Cubase9 was only just release, not too long ago : and Win7-64bit seems to be a valid platform on their system requirements : Cubase: Music Production Software - DAW | Steinberg

H6 not tested on win7 ? It is really strange. Most common system at the moment in the world.

10 o´clock and still nothing new on the Steinberg-homepage :frowning:
damn, I´m at home, Telekom upgraded February my internet to highest speed and SB doesn´t come around :confused:

The VST instrument department usually drops the motherload in the afternoon CET (GMT+1).

buuhhhh :frowning:

Downloading right now :slight_smile: +/- 28Gb, have to be patient :wink:

Pretty much everything that works with Windows 8 also works with Win7.

I hope so.

Steinberg actually stating that Win-7 is no longer supported is putting people off.

I was intending to buy H6 today, but now I will have to wait until the trial version appears so that I can test it.

@Steinberg - Will Halion-6 function correctly with Windows-7 or not?

regarding W7 support
+1

Other question: Overwrite HAL 6 Update HAL5 installation?

Yes. It overwrites.

I allmost wanted to buy Halion 6, until
i saw Halion 6 only support Windows
8/10.

I dont have the money for both Halion
6 upgrade and Windows 10 proffesional!
(just bougt a expensive audio interface
for Ipad air, he he).

One can asume that Halion 6 will work
with windows 7 64 bit, but that we don’t know yet for shure!.

I still love Windows 7 , just a habit actually.

I heart so much positive about windows
10, shure i want to buy it very soon,
if my “old” windows pc (icore 2600k, 7, 3.6ghz, 24gb ddr3 1333mhz) can take it.
There was something about the bios has to support Windows 10!.
The bios need to have UEFI, Execute Disable Bit, Secure Boot!.

My Bios only have UEFI!

Upgrading to a new motherboard,
its a bad thing for me, at this point,
because i’ve need allso to change
my ram to ddr4 and properly allso
my cpu to skylake cpu!.

Eventually this will cost me a fortune!.

God damn it!.

Later on i will properly change every thing!

Another thing is, updating my Mac mini
2012 OS (yosmite!) to Sierra is a really
a bad choice!

I heart so much negative about Mac user complaining about Sierra!

What i heart is, that this Sierra is
totally crap!

That means one thing, NO SIERRA!

Got my Halion 6 update from 5 today and am using the Download Assistant for the first time. Why is it so slow? It’s going to take a week at this rate, been downloading for half an hour and only at 300mb out of 28.18Gb.
I could have downloaded that in a few minutes without the Assistant.

This is rediculous, can I not get the download link direct and download it with my own manager which does the same job as the Steinberg one but at normal download speed.

UPDATE:
The Download Assistant worked a lot better after a reboot, I guess installation tied up resources and slowed it down. Still not as fast as my own Download Manager but acceptable.

seems only be a problem at your side
I´ve heard from more other users and can confirm from my side as well: full 48-50Mbit speed the whole download-time!

so don´t blame Steinberg, blame your telecomunication-partner

Using the download assistant (without aria2), I downloaded it in 1-2 hours.
The SB server could be really busy now though…