Explanation from Steinberg regarding lost licenses (Solved)

My apologies again for the lack of information prior to the release and the inconvenience of the add-on license.

Thank you, Matthias. I don’t view the add-on license as an inconvenience but simply a solution to the problem. It’s unfortunate that this solution wasn’t offered up at the time of release for anyone in need.

Which brings me to this question: As noted above, I contacted Steinberg support and their reply stated that they’d get in touch with Germany to resolve the issue. But I have yet to hear anything beyond that response. Is there now some way to directly deal with the issue through the eLicensing application, or is it a matter of someone in support sending an email with codes on it? If so, how long should I expect to wait for a resolution to this? Is there anything that can be done now, to expedite the process?

You won’t be able to use HAlion 5 and HALion 6 on the same system, since HALion 6 replaces the HAlion 5 plug-in. But the HALion 5 add-on license will be placed on your USB eLicenser and you can use it on a separate system.

I’m a little confused about this statement. When you say: “You won’t be able to use HAlion 5 and HALion 6 on the same system.”, do you mean an entirely different operation system or, just within Cubase 9, on my current boot drive?

It occurred to me that if Cubase 7.5, 8 & 8.5 still list HALion 5 in their respective Plug-In Managers (which in my case, they do, because I transferred the HALion 5.VST3 plug-in over from another machine) that they should launch within those earlier versions of Cubase, provided the eLicenser has the new Add-On licenses installed. Would this be true or not?