Explanation from Steinberg regarding lost licenses (Solved)

I emailed support over a week ago but still have not heard back despite sending a reminder.

I did the same thing. I created a support ticket via MySteinberg Support; received one “we’re contacting Germany” response and have since, heard nothing back. I sent a reminder ticket in two days ago and haven’t received a response to that either (beyond the “ticket entered” robo-reply). I’m a pretty patient person, but, it’s now been over a week. The process of contacting MySteinberg support (in my case: Yamaha USA) via email, would appear to be inadequate to the task.

Now I understand what Matthias meant when he said: "My apologies again for the lack of information prior to the release and the inconvenience of the add-on license". Yep, it’s now officially inconvenient.

What I find puzzling is that Steinberg had to have been aware of the issues the new licensing scheme would create for HALion 5 and Hypersonic 2 users. Why they did not set up a convenient online method to resolve the problem prior to the HALion 6 release is beyond me.

I guess we just sit and wait. Meh.