Explanation from Steinberg regarding lost licenses (Solved)

Stienberg are making it really difficult for me to consider upgrading Halion 5 to 6

This on top of no support for Windows 7 is not good, hope these issues are resolved soon.

10 days and counting since I sent in a support request and 6 days since a reminder followup and still no response from Steinberg’s Yamaha USA support. Surely something can be done to speed this process up?

A PM from Matthias with a new code arrived today. HALion 5 and Hypersonic 2 have been restored to functionality. Thank you Matthias.

Great for you - it’s been 11 days and counting for me.

Great for you - it’s been 11 days and counting for me.

PM Matthias about it and see what happens.

#Explanation from Steinberg regarding lost licenses (Solved) ???#

Not solved at all…

I’ve been waiting for over a week now for any response from steinberg support, to retrieve back my licenses so i could go on with my projects… :open_mouth:

Shame on you Steinberg, please send me the required license that i’vr paid for and entitled to.

EDIT:
Thanks for Matthias; for me it has been solved by the additional license

Not solved at all…

PM Matthias about it and see what happens.

Thanks for Matthias; for me it has been solved by the additional license

Well, yes…technically, the problem isn’t solved until Steinberg sets up an efficient way to retrieve the add-on or revises the eLicencer authorization process to automatically include the add-on…or trains their support team to respond in a timely fashion rather than depending on the good graces of Matthias…who, BTW, apparently does care about his customers.

P.S. it’s been almost 2 weeks and I never heard back from Yamaha USA support, one way or the other.

After ordering today, I directly put a Halion 5 Add-on request ticket in. Let’s see if it goes any quicker here in Europe.

…five working days passed after the ticket creation: Unfortunately no add-on license received yet.

It’s been a few weeks of waiting for me, as well. Spoke with US support which was helpful, but got routed with a ticket to Germany support. Still waiting for an add-on license code to correct the Hypersonic 2 issue. If license codes are being PM’d to Hypersonic 2 customers who have upgraded to HALion 6, please consider sending one here, as well.

If license codes are being PM’d to Hypersonic 2 customers who have upgraded to HALion 6, please consider sending one here, as well.

PM Matthias. He has taken care of a number of customers this way. Have your eLicenser serial number handy.

Hi Ed,

Please send me a PM with your name, support ticket number and eLic number and I will take care. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks, Matthias - much appreciated.

You are welcome! I have just sent you a code.

Hi Matthias

Are Steinberg working on a fix to this problem? I’m not willing to upgrade Halion 5 at the moment.

Thanks.

No, we are not since unfortunately there is no way to fix this issue.

Activated Halion 6 which was upgraded from H4 and have lost access to H3, H4. Still waiting on reply for H5 add-on license.

Would like to open previous projects using H3, H4 to prepare for H6 install as Im still wary of how H6 install will affect them but won’t open correctly since H6 activation.

Mathias, can you help me out here with H5 add-on?

I am also waiting. I call that non existing support

Mathias, can you help me out here with H5 add-on?

I am also waiting. I call that non existing support

You guys are going to have to be a little proactive in the process. Matthias has been helping users out on a case by case basis…but you need to PM him. He states:

Please send me a PM with your name, support ticket number and eLic number and I will take care. Apologies for the inconvenience.

So far, everyone who has PM’d Matthias for the Add-On code has received a code from him.

Got it, thanks Mathias!