Cornucopia for HALion 6 released - video experiments inside

great work Simon

don´t know which are the 3 best - so every of those are on the 1stplace :wink:

are there coming more or are you starting now a new patchpool-Lib for HALion6?

Thanks - as soon as I have some spare time again, there will be more videos and maybe a tutorial or two. Later this year I’ll definitely produce a new library for H6, until then, my two libs for H5 will do :slight_smile: - actually they are on sale until tomorrow evening.

Aureus Ventus and Sonic Cinema for HALion 5 (fully compatible with H6).

Tutorial would be great too, especially because Steinberg didn´t one till now and wouldn´t?!

freue mich schon

Live on video: re-synthesizing/wave-tabling male overtone singing from my Alchemy library MetaVox in Halion 6, trying various re-synthesis modes, tweaking things on the fly, editing the harmonics in the spectrum editor, manipulating the phases. I’m very impressed by the results I must say…

The only thing I’m really missing are some phase distortion modes.

Very nice.

Thank you, Simon! :slight_smile:

Re-synthesizing/wave-tabling a trill texture played on my soprano sax with HALion 6, applying LFO modulation to formant shift, tweaking things on the fly. It’s recommended to experiment with the Window Type depending on the source one is re-synthesizing, for this sound the Blackman setting produced the smoothest results, as the “air” included in the sax sample wasn’t so pronounced (resulting in high frequency partials which sounded rather synthetic).

Today was the time to learn the Macro interface design in Halion 6, the learning curve was a bit steep but after a while I got the hang of it.

A custom Halion 6 pad sound with a custom Macro interface with 12 Macros and 2 wavetable displays, the two wavetables involved where extracted from re-synthesized speech samples.

Anybody here interested in an annual subscription for HALion 6 sounds? Please take a minute and cast your vote in this poll on my KVR patchpool forum.

Demo for a fresh Halion 6 patches which combines a re-synthesized/wave-tabled piano string sound with multi-sampled, granular piano strings - (piano strings hit with a pencil, sequence of irregular repetitions on each string) - this patch has a custom Macro interface, the Macros and the modulation wheel were automated in LogicX.

On a slightly different, yet related note:

Audio-morphing some Tuva throat singing from my Alchemy library MetaVox with one of my Halion 6 pads using Zynaptiq Morph 2.

I just made this little tutorial, as so many folks have asked for it, explaining the basic functions of the wavetable synth, re-synthesizing a violin and a waterphone sample.

Demo track with two instances of H6, both patches are wavetable-based - 100% H6.

More Halion 6 wavetable music:

Two instances of Halion 6, one layering granular piano strings with re-synthesized/wave-tabled piano string, the other one using a wavetable extracted from a saxophone trill (single presets were also showcased in the videos above). Some Macro/modwheel/volume automation and a limiter on the master output.

Three instances of Halion 6 with some fresh patches in this track, some Macro and modwheel automation:

After all these experiments and tracks, here is an announcement for my upcoming sound library for HALion 6:

Cornucopia for HALion 6 provides a wealth of predominantly wavetable-based patches, all wavetables were be produced exclusively for this sound library by re-synthesizing dozens of samples from various acoustic instruments (string instruments, woodwinds, brass), vocals, percussion and electronic textures.
The sounds focus on warm and moving pads, dark and epic drones, digital hybrids, animated sequences, profound bass and pluck sounds, cinematic textures and soundscapes, crispy mallets and obscure sound effects. Some patches also layer the wavetable synth with Halion’s granular and/or sampling engine, some patches also make use of Halion’s analog synth, a few patches only use the granular and/or sampling oscillators. All presets have a designed Macro interface with a background image, more complex modulation routings are sometimes also assigned to the eight Quick Controls at the bottom of the main interface and the modulation wheel, quite a few presets also make use of aftertouch.

The wav-samples in Cornucopia are a mixture of field recordings, soprano sax tones and phrases, a huge gong recorded open air in a garden, tubular chimes (also recorded in that garden), electronic soundscapes, multi-sampled synth sounds and experimental electronic textures. All wavetables are embedded in the preset files, yet an additional folder with all wavetables used in Cornucopia (plus some extra ones) is included in the download folder, so that the user can easily create new patches using these tables.

Specifications:

• *103 tagged presets
    *155 wavetables (153.1 MB, also available in a separate folder for easy access).
    *769.9 MB of original samples (67 wavs / 48 Khz / 24 Bit / stereo)
    *Library size in total (with all assets): 1.03 GB
    *Delivery: download (compressed RAR archive).
    *Price on release: € 42 EUR.
    *Pre-order price: € 32 EUR.
    *The full version of HALion 6 is required to play the patches from this library.

Product page.

All demos were produced entirely with HALion 6 using only patches from Cornucopia, no post-processing was applied apart from a limiter on the outputs and some volume automation, if several instances of HALion were used in a track.

Here is a Youtube playlist with video demos for this library and other wavetable experiments which led to the creation of this sound libray. There is also a tutorial for the wavetable synth towards the bottom of the list.

Thanks for reading.
Simon Stockhausen

Demo video for a wave-sequencer from Cornucopia, tweaking the assigned Macros and Quick Controls on the fly, modulation wheel for pitch sequencing is automated. Wave-sequencing in the two zones via two step modulators (32 steps), each zone using a different wavetable extracted from speech samples. Synced formant/filter modulation via random LFO, synced amplitude modulation via filter envelopes, synced pitch sequencing via pitch envelope (assigned to modulation wheel), synced pan modulation via another LFO.

Two instances of HALion 6 using presets from Cornucopia, some Macro and modulation wheel action in both instances. The bell-like drone sound uses wavetables extracted from a gong accent, the other one a WT extracted from bamboo chimes layered with an analog Halion synth.

Three instances of HALion 6 using three wavetable patches from the sound library Cornucopia:

Demo for a hybrid patch from Cornucopia, combining a tempo-synced granular soprano sax sequence (sampled in two octaves, the lower one is 8 bars long, the higher 4 bars, synced ramp LFO modulates grain position) with a wavetable synth which uses a tempo-synced wavetable sequence extracted from the sax loop in the lower octave (synced ramp LFO modulates wavetable position). The “Diffuse“-Quick Control randomizes grain position, increases grain length, spreads/randomizes the waveforms in the WT synth and transforms the sound into a beautiful tonal soundscape. Two types of filter modulation can be dialed in, synced amplitude for the sax sequences can be added, MW detunes the grains and the WT synth (unison detune), pitch offset for the granular zones can be dialed in with a QC, +/- 1 octave with the control fully engaged.

Plenty of Macro and modulation wheel automation going on in the demo, Halion rocks!

Video and audio demo: